Para ver esta página en español, por favor presione el botón
"Translate" que se halla en la parte superior derecha de la pantalla.
youth arts work
The City of Santa Fe Arts Commission is committed to supporting a continuum of opportunities for youth to benefit from our community’s cultural resources. Our work centers in five key areas:
- Developing and expanding the capacity of young people to thrive.
- Ensuring all students have access to in-school and/or after school arts education programs; be a resource for such programs.
- Strengthening the role of culture in education.
- Fostering the development of mentoring, internship and apprenticeship programs in the creative sector.
- Partnering with youth organizations and agencies across our community.
Some of the programs and services we provide in support of these areas are:
- The Summer Youth Culture Passport program which provides free access to cultural events and attractions throughout the summer.
- Free and low-cost, family friendly programming throughout the summer via Southside Summer.
- Grant support for arts learning projects through the Community Arts Development Program.
- Funding for public art projects that engage young people through IGNITE.
- Exhibits and programming in the Community Gallery.
- Financial investment in ArtWorks, a program of Partners in Education Foundation for the Santa Fe Public Schools.
- Presentation of the annual Melissa Engestrom Youth Artist Award as part of the Mayor's Arts Awards.
- Leveraging educational opportunities through our Cultural Investment Program partners.
- Now Accepting Recommendations: Melissa Engestrom Youth Arts Award, Deadline is Tuesday, July 31, 2018, 12 AM MST