It's My Santa Fe
It's time to take action, however and whenever we can, to ensure Santa Fe is a beautiful, healthy and sustainable place to live!
If you want to give back to your community but don't know where to start, try these ideas:
- Pick up a few pieces of litter every time you are outside.
- Plant native trees/plants in your yard to provide habitat for pollinators and reduce your water use.
- Research how to fix an item that’s broken before automatically throwing it into the trash.
- Learn how to Recycle Right.
- Remember to bring your reusable bags to the grocery store when you go shopping.
- Volunteer with or donate to local non-profits.
- Use EyeOnWater to track your water use and monitor your house for leaks.
- Buy local food as often as you can.
- Begin collecting your food scraps and composting - at home or through a local composting program - to reduce your food waste.
- Report graffiti when you see it and, if it's on your property, remove it as soon as you can.
- Pick up your pet's waste to protect our water sources from bacteria and chemicals.
Make a difference in your community today – after all, it’s our Santa Fe.