Effective Monday, March 30, 2020, the Santa Fe Municipal Court will conduct all hearings telephonically or by video until further notice.
See contact information below:
- If you have been charged with a non-jailable offense such as speeding, no insurance, etc. please call the court at (505) 955-5070 on or before the date of your hearing.
- If you have been charged with a jailable offense such as Careless Driving, DWI, etc. AND you are represented by the Public Defender, please call David Thomas at (505) 955-6052 before the date of your hearing.
- If you have been charged with a jailable offense such as Careless Driving, DWI, etc. AND you want to apply for the Public Defender, please call Cindy Hagman at (505) 955-5108 before the date of your hearing.
- If you have been charged with a jailable offense such as Careless Driving, DWI, etc. AND you want to represent yourself, please call City Prosecutor Kyle Hibner at (505) 955-5195 before the date of your hearing.
- If you have a private defense attorney please contact them.
** Court ordered payments can be made online at www.citepayusa.com
** Court required documentation (Community Service, Defensive Driving, Insurance, Registration, etc) can be submitted to the following email: [bot protected email address] Please include your contact information and case/citation number.
The Court does have a small drop box near the front door for documentation or payments dropped off in person. The Court is checking the drop box daily.
Santa Fe Municipal Court encourages Defendants and Attorneys to fax file at (505) 955-5159.
If you have any questions or call (505) 955-5070. Please leave a message on the phone or by email as the Court does have staff on a reduced schedule answering & returning voicemails and emails.
Thank you for your patience.
The Mission of the Santa Fe Municipal Court is to administer justice to the people of Santa Fe in a fair, equitable, efficient, professional and consistent manner. The Court seeks to serve as a model court for the state.
The purpose of the municipal court is to provide a fair, impartial, efficient court system for violations of city ordinances.
The Municipal Court oversees the following cases:
The Santa Fe Municipal Court is now accepting on-line payments for penalty assessments, and fees and fines that have been adjudicated by the Court. The website to do so is http://www.citepayusa.com.
To access a case, the defendant must have the exact court case number or the full citation number, as well as their date of birth.
The service provider will charge a fee of 5.95% of the fines or fees for the service.
2511 Camino Entrada
Santa Fe, NM 87507
Ph: (505) 955-5070 - main line
Fx: (505) 955-5159
Chad Chittum, Staff Attorney
Ph: (505) 955-5106
[bot protected email address]
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday