Arts and Culture Department
The City of Santa Fe is proud to announce that the City of Santa Fe Arts Commission has officially been renamed the City of Santa Fe Arts and Culture Department.
This change reflects the value and importance of arts and culture in our community and the City’s dedication to fostering and expanding that mission. Read the official announcement Arts Department Press Release.
In commemoration of this exciting development, we've refreshed our look and will continue to make improvements to better serve Santa Fe's thriving artistic community.
We provide leadership by and for the City to support arts and cultural affairs; we recommend policies and programs that develop and promote artistic excellence in our community.
Current Events and Opportunities
- “You Are Here/Estás Aquí: A Public Art Activation Project” Call For Artists, In partnership with New Mexico Arts. More info here.
- Seeking Nominations for the 2020 Mayor's Awards for Excellence in the Arts. Deadline is Friday, March 6, 2020 by 5 pm. More info here.
- The Community Gallery is now accepting proposals for the February 2021 Youth Arts Exhibit. All Santa Fe Youth Arts Organizations are encouraged to apply. Deadline is 5 pm Friday, March 27, 2020. More info here.
- "ArtWorks WORKS!" Youth Art Exhibit (in collaboration with Partners in Education), Opening Friday, January 31, 2020 from 4-6 pm. More info here, and to see the announcement.
- The City of Santa Fe Arts & Culture Department and The Witter Brynner Foundation for Poetry is proud to present the opening for the 2020 Santa Fe Youth Poet Laureate. Submissions are being accepted Feb. 1-29. See here for more information.
- GLOBAL ARTS MARKETING: Larger contract amounts for providing marketing/promotional services for major cultural events and year-round institutional programs. Organizations also provide programs and services that support the Commission’s work in the areas of youth arts, economic growth, creative spaces and engagement. Marketing efforts reaching a national and international audience. Contracts are multiyear with audit and site visit requirements. Requests up $150,000 per year; biannual deadline; one year contract, renewable for second year; full application/review process. Eligibility: Annual operating budget above $600,000; project budget of $350,000+; minimum of 4 FTEs. See RFP.
- NATIONAL ARTS MARKETING: Meaningful contract amounts for organizations that provide marketing/promotional services for larger-scale cultural events along with educational, outreach and economic benefit to the community. Contracts are multiyear with audit and site visit requirements. Requests up $64,000 per year; biannual deadline; one year contract, renewable for second year; full application/review process. Eligibility: Annual operating budget between $250,000 and $1,500,000. Organizations must have at least two full-time employees. See RFP.
- REGIONAL ARTS MARKETING: Supplementary funds for marketing/promotion of seasonal or year-round programming, this program’s simpler application process is ideal for organizations with limited full-time staff. Request up to $35,000; annual deadline; one contract year; simplified application/review process. Eligibility: Annual operating budget of $500,000 or less. See RFP.
Contact Information and Hours
Physical Address: 201 W. Marcy (map), Santa Fe, NM 87501
Mailing Address: PO Box 909, Santa Fe, NM 87504-0909
[bot protected email address]
Ph: (505) 955-6707
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Para ver esta página en español, por favor presione el botón
"Translate" que se halla en la parte superior derecha de la pantalla.