Arts and Culture Department
Culture Connects Coalition with Lannan Foundation to provide relief to artists.
Applications for the Culture Connects Artist Relief Fund Now Open.
To All Friends of the Arts and Culture Department and members of the Santa Fe Arts Community:
In light of the need for increased preventative measures, the City of Santa Fe Arts and Culture Department will continue to take proactive steps to protect the safety and well-being of our community. Effective Tuesday, March 17, the City of Santa Fe and the Arts and Culture Department have instituted a two-week remote-work policy that recommends City staff restrict their risk and exposure to public contact. Until further notice, the Arts and Culture Department will not be physically located in our offices, but we will be available via phone and email and strive to continue to serve the local arts community.
Your participation in the following surveys is needed to calculate the economic impact of the loss to our field. This information will help to ensure that the arts are continued to be included in recovery plans.
Americans for the Arts Impact Survey
National Association of Latino Arts & Culture
Also, if you aren’t already following us on social media, please do so to stay up to date on stories and features while you are social distancing.
Our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SantaFeArtsCulture/?ref=py_c
New Web Page Contribution Invitation
TOURISM Santa Fe has launched its Santa Fe Virtual Experiences page to allow potential visitors and locals to experience The City Different from the comfort of their own homes!
For consideration to be included on this page, please supply the following information, along with a hi-res logo for your business to:
Jordan Guenther [bot protected email address] and Joy Rice [bot protected email address]
- Name of Experience:
- Is this a live event (Y/N)?
- If so, date and time?
- Website URL (that contains information on your Virtual Experience):
- Description of Experience:
Business has created a landing page on their website which highlights various virtual experiences that can be enjoyed at home, any time. The page should include messaging about “virtual experience,” “online exhibition”, “live demonstration,” etc. Be sure to include any videos highlighting your business on this page.
- Business has converted an existing offering into a live experience that can be joined via Zoom, Facebook Live or other web-based conferencing platform.
- Virtual Tours created through Google VR, Art Steps or other 360-degree or 3D video technology.
All City closures, event/meeting cancellations, and postponements are effective until further notice. The City will continue to monitor current health recommendations and best practices and provide updates.
The City of Santa Fe will continue to provide all other services. This emergency health situation continues to change and evolve. The City will continue to monitor emerging health recommendations and best practices to make decisions on any closures, policies, or practices. We will provide regular updates on our website, social media, and on Alert Santa Fe. Please sign up for Alert Santa Fe to receive emergency updates by visiting Santa Fe Alert.
The City encourages private employers to take similar precautions.
• Prevention is still the priority
• Wash your hands
• Avoid touching your face
• Cover a sneeze or cough
• Wipe down surfaces that are touched by or shared by others
• Use “social distancing” as a way to avoid contact as much as possible
• The proper distance to avoid exposure is a minimum of 6 feet
• Avoid shaking hands (bump elbows instead)
Only the New Mexico Department of Health (DOH) can coordinate testing for COVID-19. It is offering testing to patients who fit a specific profile of symptoms and risk factors. The hotline number for the New Mexico Department of Health is 855-600-3453.
The City of Santa Fe is proud to announce that the City of Santa Fe Arts Commission has officially been renamed the City of Santa Fe Arts and Culture Department.
This change reflects the value and importance of arts and culture in our community and the City’s dedication to fostering and expanding that mission. Read the official announcement Arts Department Press Release.
In commemoration of this exciting development, we've refreshed our look and will continue to make improvements to better serve Santa Fe's thriving artistic community.
We provide leadership by and for the City to support arts and cultural affairs; we recommend policies and programs that develop and promote artistic excellence in our community.
Current Events and Opportunities
- PLEASE NOTE: "Play/Things: The Iconography of the Toy" Exhibit will be closed to the public until further notice. "PLAY/THINGS: The Iconography of the Toy" Exhibit runs until further notice. More info here.
- The 2020-21 Community Arts Development RFP is now open. It is designed to fund community-based organizations presenting project of high artistic quality that provides arts services to the local community, with an emphasis on projects that brings together community to celebrate diversity of artistic heritage. Education and youth focused. See RFP here. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE WORKSHOP WILL NO LONGER BE AN IN PERSON MEETING. FOR ACCESS TO THE POWERPOINT VERSION, See here.
- The 2020-21 Target Impact Support RFP is now open. It is designed to support seasonal or year round programming and marketing/promotion through as simpler application process ideal for organizations with limited full time staff, request up to $5,000. See the RFP here. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE WORKSHOP WILL NO LONGER BE AN IN PERSON MEETING. FOR ACCESS TO THE POWERPOINT VERSION, See here.
- CALL FOR ARTISTS for Fall/Winter 2020/2021 Exhibit "Harmonize: Music & The Visual Arts". More info here.
- “You Are Here/Estás Aquí: A Public Art Activation Project” Call For Artists, In partnership with New Mexico Arts. More info here.
Contact Information and Hours
Physical Address: 201 W. Marcy (map), Santa Fe, NM 87501
Mailing Address: PO Box 909, Santa Fe, NM 87504-0909
[bot protected email address]
Ph: (505) 955-6707
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Para ver esta página en español, por favor presione el botón
"Translate" que se halla en la parte superior derecha de la pantalla.