Youth Art Exhibit
Para ver esta página en español, por favor presione el botón
"Translate" que se halla en la parte superior derecha de la pantalla.
Call for Proposals
City of Santa Fe Arts Commission Community Gallery
Request for Proposals
Youth Arts Exhibit
The City of Santa Fe’s Community Gallery program is accepting proposals from community organizations specializing in youth art programs to feature their artwork in the Community Gallery. The Community Gallery hosts an annual featured gallery exhibit from late January through late February every year that casts light on the important and inspiring work of youth arts in our community. The goal of the program is to expand opportunities for young people to participate in cultural activities in our community and promote/coordinate opportunities for lifelong arts learning.
If your organization is interested in putting youth art on display, proposals will be accepted through the submission deadline of Friday, June 29, 2018, 5 PM MST. If accepted, all artwork must be delivered for installation during the third week of January, 2019. The exhibit will run from Friday, February 1 through Thursday, February 28, 2019. All proposals will be considered based on the criteria below.
- Proposed exhibits should run no longer than 4 weeks, based on availability of Gallery schedule.
- Participating organizations will provide no fewer than 50 (but no more than 130) pieces of original youth art for display.
- Artwork will be delivered by the sponsoring organization to the Gallery on a specified drop-off date (to be arranged between the Gallery and the sponsoring organization). Sorry, but we cannot accept late artwork. All artwork will be labeled, including artist, class and spatial orientation (landscape v. portrait).
- A template MS Excel document will be provided to organizations to complete with relevant information so we may produce exhibit labels.
- Participating organizations may provide flyers for marketing.
- Organization should designate a single point of contact for coordinating the exhibit with Community Gallery staff.
- Organizations are responsible for the marketing and publicity of exhibition-related events (opening, etc.) to their members and constituency.
- Exhibit materials must be picked up from the Community Gallery within a week of the closing of the exhibit.
Interested organizations should submit the following:
- A brief (two page maximum) description of the organization and their youth work in the community, including outreach to diverse populations
- A point of contact to be responsible for the implementation of the exhibit program including organization/delivery of artworks for display, maintenance of digital inventory of artworks and management of marketing/publicity of exhibit event
- Up to five images of examples of past artwork that is representative of the organization’s work
- Quality of the artwork produced through the program approach
- Distinctiveness and/or uniqueness of program approach
- Demonstrated organizational capacity to meet exhibit requirements
All eligible submissions will be reviewed by a committee consisting of members of the Art in Public Places and Youth Arts committees. The City reserves the right to change the selection committee. Organizations who have exhibited in the Community Gallery within the past two years are ineligible to participate.
Please note that proposal materials will not be returned.
Deadline for Submissions
All submissions must be received by 5 PM MST on Friday, June 29, 2018.
Submissions may be mailed to: City of Santa Fe Arts Commission, ATTN: Youth Arts Program, PO Box 909, Santa Fe, NM 87504-0909.
Third-party carriers and hand-delivered submissions may be sent to: City of Santa Fe Arts Commission, ATTN: Youth Arts Program, 201 West Marcy St, Santa Fe, NM 87501
Please call the City of Santa Fe Arts Commission at 505-955-6707 or email [bot protected email address].