Water Resources Planning
City of Santa Fe Water & Santa Fe County Utilities Division
Five-Year Water Resource Planning Cycle
City of Santa Fe Water (City) and the Santa Fe County Utilities Division (County) have initiated a science-based, community informed planning cycle to develop long range water resource management plans. The planning effort began this year and is scheduled to be complete by the end of 2024. The planning process will be evaluated, refined, and repeated every 10 years or as necessary in future years. A key product of the planning process will be Long Range Water Resources Plans for the City and County.
In support of this effort we have created an online survey to get a sense of how you think about water. This survey takes between 20 and 30 minutes to complete. If you don't have that much time, please take a quick look and just answer the questions that are interesting to you. As of early November we have almost 500 responses and will keep the poll open through November in hopes of hearing from as many people as possible.
2020 Public Engagement Goals
- Meaningful public engagement for as many stakeholders as possible.
- Participation of water users in the four Santa Fe City districts and County communities, with focus on Eldorado, Cañoncito, La Cienega, La Cieneguilla, Nambe, Pojoaque, and Tesuque.
- Provide information to area water users on issues related to long-range water resources planning.
- Provide an opportunity for long-term public engagement for stakeholders interested in participating in the planning process.
2020 Activities (Defining the Planning Process)
Overview Webinars (same material both times):
- October 19th (Monday) 10am - 12pm Webinar recording here.
- October 20th (Tuesday) 5pm - 7pm Webinar recording here.
Breakout Small Group Sessions :
- October 25th (Sunday) 3:30pm - 5:30pm Meeting recording here.
- October 26th (Monday) 10am - noon (We forgot to record this one.)
- October 29th (Thursday) 5:30pm - 7:30pm Meeting recording here.
- Santa Fe Water 2100: Water Resource Planning Process (under development)
- Water Planning Webinar and Breakout Sessions Summary (under development)
- Water Resources Survey Results (under development, online survey open through November)