Environmental Services Division
Residents, use the app below to answer common questions about "What Goes Where" to sort your waste correctly, and to check your residential waste collection schedule. You can also download the app ("Recycle Coach") directly to your smartphone!
Christmas Tree Recycling
Recycle your real Christmas tree by dropping it off at Franklin Miles Park or the Buckman Road Recycling & Transfer Station! Recycling Christmas trees into mulch provides woody material that can help to make Santa Fe’s soils healthy, increase water retention and provide nutrients for plants.
Recycling a real Christmas tree:
Make sure that all lights, ornaments, flocking and decorations on the tree are removed before recycling. No stands.
Trees can be brought to the following locations for FREE:
- Franklin Miles Park (Corner of Camino Carlos Rey & Siringo Rd; park open from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily) | January 1 to January 31, 2022.
- Buckman Road Recycling & Transfer Station (2600 Buckman Road) | December 26 to January 23, 2022.
- Mixed loads containing trash or other green waste and a tree will be charged appropriate fees.
- Mulch is available most times for free. Call to confirm availability.
Disposing of a real or artificial Christmas tree:
- Do not place an artificial or real tree into a City recycling cart!
- You can place an artificial or real tree in your trash.
- Make sure that the cart lid closes. If it sticks out, ESD trucks cannot pick up your cart.
Residential Cart Repair/Replacement: [bot protected email address] your address, service day, and the serial number located on the front of your cart.
- Missed Service: call or [bot protected email address] with your address and contact information
Hours: M-F, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Administrative offices are closed on holidays, but trash and recycling are collected normally.