Start/Stop Service

– Account Transfers

 Documents may be submitted in the following ways.

Email[bot protected email address]

US Postal Service – Mail to 801 W. San Mateo Rd.  Santa Fe, NM 87505

Drop box – Deposit documents in the drop box located in the parking lot of the Utility Billing and Water Divisions offices (801 W. San Mateo Rd.)

Note: Commercial accounts must establish refuse service with the Environmental Services Division before an account can be transferred. Phone 505-955-2200 / Address 1142 Siler Rd. Santa Fe, NM 87507

NOTE: Incomplete, inaccurate, illegible and or unsigned documents will not be accepted or processed.  

Leased Property / Landlord-Tenant

Start Services

Tenants must sign and complete their portion of the Release of Liability & Utility Services Application and attach copies of the following documents with submittal to have the utility services account in their name(s).

  • Signed lease agreement with a minimum term of six (6) months
  • Valid driver’s license or other valid government issued photo ID

Deposits – A Customer Service Representative will contact the tenant after receiving the Application to notify them of the deposit amount.

Property  Owners leasing property must sign and complete their portion of the Release of Liability & Utility Services Application. The property owner’s account and previous tenant accounts must have a zero balance. The property owner name on the lease must be consistent with County Records. 

Managers must ensure completion of all property owner information, provide their contact information, and sign the application. A copy of the Agreement between the property owner and the property manager must be attached.

Stop Services

A Request to Revert Services from Tenant to Landlord Form must be completed, signed, and submitted to the Utility Billing Division. This form may be completed by either property owners or tenants. However, if the move-out date is different than that on the original lease, proof both parties agreed to a changed move-out date is required. (i.e., a subsequent lease or lease addendum)


Start Services

Title Company - New property owners using a title company should ensure the Utility Billing Division receives the required information from their title company. Incomplete, inaccurate, illegible and or unsigned documents will not be accepted or processed.

Title companies must complete the Division’s Transfer of Ownership Form and submit it with the required signatures and the necessary documents. Property owners can obtain the current form to ensure their title company is using the proper form and to learn what is required. Sellers and Buyers must sign the form.

Direct Purchase - New property owners purchasing property directly from the seller should contact the Utility Billing Division with any questions.

New property owners (Buyers) and Sellers of the property must both complete and sign the New Owner Account Transfer Form.

Buyers must provide copies of the following documents when submitting the Form.

  • Settlement Statement
  • Valid driver’s license or other valid government issued photo ID

Sellers must provide their forwarding address and agree to pay their final bill.

Stop Services

Property owners selling their property through a title company must complete their portion of and sign the Transfer of Ownership Form, and agree to pay their final bill.

Property owners selling their property through a direct sale/purchase must inform the Utility Billing Division of the sale, provide their forwarding address, and agree to pay the final water bill. If they are NOT selling their property, yet want to close the account and stop services, the property owner may notify the Division for assistance by phone, email or letter.

You Are Now Leaving The City of Santa Fe Website

Links to external, or third party web sites, are provided solely for visitors' convenience. Following links to other sites is done so at your own risk and the owners of this Website accept no liability for any linked sites or their content.

Any link from the our site to an external web site does not imply that we endorse or accept any responsibility for its use. It is important for users to take necessary precautions, especially to ensure appropriate safety from viruses, worms, trojans and other potentially destructive items. Users should review the privacy policies of external web sites and other terms of use to learn more about what, why and how they collect and use any personally identifiable information.


Open Alert