Santa Fe Ride
In an Effort to Support Social Distancing the following procedures have been implemented to Applying for Santa Fe Ride Paratransit and Senior Transportation Services
Senior Applications available to City Residents 60 years and older
- Call 505-473-4444 and an application can be completed over the phone
- The application will be processed in most instances the same day. Once processed the applicant will be issued an ID number and will be able to begin to schedule trips. ID cards will be issued at a later date. Fare per trip is $5.00 (Veterans ride for Free)
- More information on this program see below on this page
ADA Paratransit Applications
- Applications for this program need to be partially completed by a Healthcare Provider so we cannot complete these over the phone.
- The Application can be downloaded at the links below or we can email or mail them a copy of the application. Call 505-473-4444 to request this.
- Completed Applications can be submitted via Fax or Mail.
- Once a completed application has been received the required Interview can be completed by Phone instead of in person.
- Once eligibility for the program has been established, the applicant will be issued an ID number and will be able to begin to schedule trips. ID cards will be issued at a later date. Fare per trip is $2.00 (Veterans ride for Free)
hours of operation:
Call Center hours for reservations:
Monday-Friday: 7:00am to 7:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am to 7:00pm
Sunday: 8:30am to 6:30pm
Hours of operation for rides:
Monday-Friday: 5:30am to 10:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am to 7:45pm
Sunday: 8:15am to 6:30pm
Santa Fe Ride ADA Complementary Paratransit Service serves the needs of customers who, because of a disability, are unable to use the Santa Fe Trails fixed-route system, and who meet the definition of "ADA paratransit eligible," as established by the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990.
The Santa Fe Ride Program is not a taxi service, it’s a shared ride program. Please note you will be in the vehicle with other riders and may be in a vehicle up to 45 minutes.
ADA Complementary Paratransit Service is comparable to the level of service provided to individuals without disabilities who use the fixed bus system.
Disability alone does not establish ADA paratransit service eligibility; the decision is based solely on the applicant’s functional ability to use the Santa Fe Trails fixed-route transit service. Santa Fe Ride is for those who do not have the functional abilities to access and ride the regular fixed-bus transit service.
Santa Fe Ride also provides transportation to adults 60 years of age and older, who are City of Santa Fe residents and reside in the city limits, to qualify residents must complete an application and receive a Santa Fe Ride picture id. A premium fare of $5.00 per trip is charged for seniors.
All ADA and Senior veterans ride for free, to qualify proof of veteran status with either an official Department of Veterans Affairs ID card, DD214 along with a photo ID or driver’s License with Veteran status must be brought into our office.
Santa Fe Ride is an "origin to destination" service, and curb-to-curb transportation is the primary means by which service will be provided.
If you need additional information, alternative formats, or have any questions please feel free to contact Santa Fe Ride at (505) 473-4444
You may read the entire Santa Fe Ride polices and procedures by clicking here.
Exhibit B: Service Area click here
For more information on our paratransit service, or to request an application, please call us at (505) 955-2001.
You may also download an application by clicking the following links: