PLAY, EXPLORE, PRESERVE
REMINDER - City of Santa Fe Recreation Centers will be closed tomorrow 9/7/18 at 1:30pm
Welcome to The City of Santa Fe Parks & Recreation Department
The City of Santa Fe Parks & Recreation Department offers a wide range of recreational opportunities for adults and children alike by providing innovative and sustainable services at all city parks, trails and recreational centers.
At the Genoveva Chavez Community Center, the city's largest recreational facility, sign up for a class in kayaking, ice skating, yoga, Pilates, cycling and more. Swim laps or take a water exercise class in the 50-meter pool. Play hockey or twirl on the ice during the public skating time on the ice arena. Drop in for a game of hockey, volleyball, basketball or indoor soccer. You can also swim and take fitness classes at the Salvador Perez Pool & Fitness Center and the Fort Marcy Complex.
Whether you're an avid fan of the great outdoors or someone who loves breaking a sweat in a recreation class, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy recreation in Santa Fe.
The Sports Section organizes and sponsors clinics and camps, sports leagues and special events. For more information, call the Sports Section offices at GCCC (505) 955-4075 [bot protected email address] and at Ft. Marcy (505) 955-2509 [bot protected email address].
Recreation Division Facility Rules and Regulations
- Everyone using the facilities must sign in and present a membership card.
- No alcohol or smoking allowed in the complex.
- No food or drinks beyond the lobby area.
- No animals allowed in the building,except assistance dogs.
- Only staff are allowed behind the counter.
- Patrons must leave the workout area by closing time.
Recreation Division Requirement for Children in All Facilities
- Children ages 10 or younger must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older, in the immediate vicinity The adult may supervise no more than three children.
- Children ages 11-17 may be in the facility unaccompanied but may not be responsible for children under the age of 11.
- In all pool facilities, children ages 7 and under must be accompanied by an adult in the water.
- Children under 14 are not allowed in the weight rooms.
- Children registered for a class or program do not need to be accompanied by an adult unless it is required as part of the activity (i.e. Parent/Tot Classes).
- Field trips and parties must have adult supervision as follows:
- Children 3-5 years of age - one (1) adult per three (3) children;
- Children 6-10 years of age - one (1) adult per six (6) children;
- Children 11-17 years of age - one (1) adult per ten (10) children.
Recreation Division Code of Conduct
The Recreation Division strives to provide a friendly, safe and enjoyable family atmosphere for all patrons. In order to maintain a pleasant environment, all patrons of the facility must refrain from the following list of infractions. This list should not be construed to be a complete list, but rather is representative of the types of behavior that are deemed to be unacceptable.
- Actions interfering with or disrupting the ability of staff to provide a safe, family environment.
- Failure to follow staff direction.
- Being under the influence of alcohol or drugs resulting in event the slightest degree of iimpairment, or dealing or possession of illegal substances.
- Use of foul, offensive or abusive language.
- Harassment, intimidation or any other type of behavior that interferes with someone's ability to use the center, including sexual harassment and creating a hostile environment for others.
- Any physical or violent altercation with another person or staff.
- Bringing any type of weapon into a Recreation Division facility, or onto the grounds of a facility.
- Disregarding posted rules and misue and/or abuse of facility equipment.
- Causing physical damage to anyone's personal property.
- Theft of property belonging to other patrons or staff.
- Disruption of public or private activities.
Towards this goal, staff of the Recreation Division are committed to ensuring that all patrons follow the Code of Conduct so that nothing interferes with or disrupts our ability to provide a safe family environment. When patrons fail to abide by the Code of Conduct, staff may ask a patron to leave the facilty for a set period of time, up to and including permanent suspension. In the event that an individual fails to follow staff direction, the Santa Fe Police Department will be contacted for assistance. Please be aware of and comply with all posted rules in the facilities.
Any time the immediate area is under a lightning watch, the pools, sauna, hot tub and shower areas will be closed. All City pools must close in order to ensure the safety of the patrons.
Changes to Schedule/Hours of Operation
The City of Santa Fe reserves the right to change schedules, program hours, and/or hours of operations due to special events, pool maintenance or unforseen circumstances.
Pay to Play
All programs, classes, events, reservations and/or rentals must be paid up front and in full prior to use.