Share this page Print this page

Frequently Asked Questions

Where are you located?

2515 Camino Entrada, Santa Fe, NM 87507 

What is the current Police Chief’s name? 

Andrew Padilla

Where can I pick up a Crash Report or an Offense Incident Report? 

Police Records Division, which is located at 2651 Siringo Road Building I or 2515 Camino Entrada.
Cost:  $1.00 per page. You may pay with cash or check. Please no bills over $10.

How do I get a close patrol in my neighborhood? 

Call the Regional Emergency Communication Center at (505) 438-3710 for a close patrol request (2 week duration). 

How do I attend the Citizen’s Academy and what are the costs and dates? 

The Santa Fe Police Department, Crime Prevention Unit is in charge of the Citizen’s Academy (505) 955-5218. Classes run for 12 weeks on Thursday evenings from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Locations vary weekly. Total cost for entire class is $45.00. Classes are held twice a year, February and September.

Who is the contact person for Neighborhood Watch? 

Crime Prevention Officer Gerald Lovato, (505) 955-5258.

What’s the number for Police Records? 

(505) 955-5751

What investigations sergeant is in charge of my case? 

Contact Investigation Administrative Secretary, (505) 955-5038.

Where do I file a police report? 

Some reports can be filed on-line. Please go to the City of Santa Fe website or visit the coplogic page within this site ( You may also file a report at Santa Fe Police Department Headquarters (2515 Camino Entrada) or call dispatch at (505) 428-3710 for non-emergency.

Where do I call to file a police report? 

Non-emergency (505) 428-3710 or 911 for emergency.

Where do I file a complaint? 

Complaints are handled by commanders throughout the department depending on the area the complaint is pertaining to. A formal complaint can be filed with Professional Standards at (505) 955-5122. 

My vehicle was impounded, where is it? 

You may call (505) 428-3710 (dispatch). If the vehicle was impounded for DWI or a Revoked license, call the DWI Vehicle Forfeiture Program at (505) 955-5042

Where do I go to pay a citation? 

The venue is dependent on what agency issued the ticket and what court you are assigned to (Municipal Court, Magistrate Court, or Parking Division). Please refer to the citation for the appropriate agency.

How do I get a background check, what’s the fee, and location? 

A form needs to be filled out at the Santa Fe Police Department Records Division, 2651 Siringo Road-Building I, or 2515 Camino Entrada. The fee is $5.00 and the check may take up to five business days to be completed. Please note our background check covers only our agency records. For a State background check please contact the Department of Public Safety (505) 827-9181. 

How can I get a full police report?

You must get a subpoena through an attorney or fill out paperwork at the State Library, and have a judge sign the subpoena. 

Where and when can I get my fingerprints done? 

The New Mexico Department of Public Safety (State Police) handles all fingerprint requests.

How can I do a ride along? 

A packet regarding the Ride Along Program must be filled out and turned in to the department. Applicants will be contacted by support staff or a commander on the status of the application and if a date and time can be set up.

What is the number for dispatch? 

(505) 428-3710

Who is in charge of patrol?

Patrol is commanded by a Police Captain. Please visit our Patrol page for more information.

How do I get an after-the-fact crash report? 

Santa Fe Police Department Records Division, 2651 Siringo Road Building I, or Santa Fe Police Department Headquarters, 2515 Camino Entrada.

How do I get a permit for an oversized load? 

Please visit the oversized load permits page under the Patrol menu, or contact Traffic Lieutenant.

What are your business hours? 

Although patrol officers are available 24 hours a day, the administrative offices are only open Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

What is the waiting time when you go in to file a police report? 

Times can vary from ten minutes to two hours. This variation depends on volume of calls and is prioritized by the nature of the call. 

How do I get a concealed weapon license? 

Please visit New Mexico Department of Public Safety Website for detailed information,

Can I carry a concealed weapon if I have a concealed weapon license from another state?

Please visit New Mexico Department of Public Safety Website for detailed information,




Video & Webcasts
Official Travel Site of Santa Fe, NM
  • Member of Creative Cities
    Network since 2005