POLICE DEPARTMENT APPLICANTS
Dear Police Department Applicant:
Thank you for your interest in employment with the City of Santa Fe Police Department. You are hereby invited to test if you are age 20 and 6 months or older, Police Cadets must be 21 years of age at the completion of the Police Academy. The entry-level salary for Police Cadet is currently $19.11 per hour. Current NMLEA certified candidates may be brought in as a Police Officer I-III lateral hire at $19.11 – $22.78 per hour.
We anticipate testing the SECOND SATURDAY of every month until vacancies are filled. Please check www.santafenm.gov for test dates. Please note there are nine phases to the selection process.
Phases one through three (1-3) will be administered on the scheduled test date.
- Physical Agility Test – based on the New Mexico Law Enforcement Academy Standards. This test consists of
a 1.5 mile run, push-ups, sit-ups and 300 meter run. A sheet containing minimum standards is included in this
packet. Please bring clothing suitable for exercising to include running shoes as well as water. Lateral hires
are not required to take the physical agility test.
- Written Test – a two hour multiple choice exam will be administered. Lateral hires will have placement
exams to determine hiring rank.
- Interviews – Should the physical agility test and written exam be passed, candidates will be interviewed. Please bring appropriate business attire.
For those who successfully pass the above three phases, a conditional letter of hire will be made and is contingent on the successful completion of the following phases:
- Background Investigation;
- Polygraph examination;
- Psychological evaluation;
- Physical examination (paid by the City of Santa Fe);
- Drug screening (paid by the City of Santa Fe);
- Interview with Police Chief and selection board
Location: Santa Fe Police Department, 2515 Camino Entrada, Santa Fe, NM
Time: Sign in between 7:30 – 8 a.m. PLEASE BE PROMPT, you will not be allowed to test if you are late.
Mandatory Items: Current driver’s license, proof of education and, if applicable, your peace officer certification.
Should you not pass any phase of the testing process you will be notified immediately. You may elect to retest for the position at a later date. If you have any questions about the selection process or the job requirements, please contact SFPD Recruiting Officer Corrine Jones at (505) 955-5236. Good Luck!