Planning Commission Packet
Thursday, September 20, 2018 - 6:00pm
City Council Chambers
City Hall 1st Floor - 200 Lincoln Avenue
A. ROLL CALL
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
C. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
D. APPROVAL OF MINUTES AND FINDINGS/CONCLUSIONS:
E. OLD BUSINESS
F. NEW BUSINESS
- Case #2018-71. 7401 Cerrillos Road Development Plan. Brent Tally of Tally Construction Management, Agent, representing Lithia Motors, Inc., Owner, requests approval of a Development Plan to build a 35,186 square foot automotive dealership on approximately 8.28 acres. The property is zoned C-2 (General Commercial), and is within Zone 4 of the Cerrillos Road Highway Corridor Protection District. (Lee Logston, Case Manager, [bot protected email address], 955-6136) (POSTPONED FROM SEPTEMBER 6, 2018) Item F1 Exhibits
G. STUDY SESSION
- Long Range Planning Initiatives
- Review of Adopted Plans and Mayor’s Planning Initiatives. (Director Carol Johnson and Land Use Staff)
- Draft Land Use and Urban Design Plan – Status and LRPC Review Process 2015-2017 [ (Long Range Planning Committee Members and Land Use Staff) [Online at https://www.santafenm.gov/land_use__urban_design_plan]
- Commission Recommendation Regarding Immediate Priorities July 5, 2018 (Commission and Land Use Staff)
- Discussion of Priorities and Resources for Next Steps (Commission and Land Use Staff)
Note: Study session items are open to the public, but are not public hearings. The Commission will decide at the meeting whether to accept public comments.
H. STAFF COMMUNICATIONS
I. MATTERS FROM THE COMMISSION
- Discussion and approval of a procedure for delegating Planning Commission members to participate in stakeholder and ad hoc committees.
1) Procedures in front of the Planning Commission are governed by the City of Santa Fe Rules & Procedures for City Committees, adopted by resolution of the Governing Body of the City of Santa Fe, as the same may be amended from time to time (Committee Rules), and by Roberts Rules of Order (Roberts Rules). In the event of a conflict between the Committee Rules and Roberts Rules, the Committee Rules control.
2) New Mexico law requires the following administrative procedures to be followed by zoning boards conducting “quasi-judicial” hearings. By law, any contact of Planning Commission members by applicants, interested parties or the general public concerning any development review application pending before the Commission, except by public testimony at Planning Commission meetings, is generally prohibited. In “quasi-judicial” hearings before zoning boards, all witnesses must be sworn in, under oath, prior to testimony and will be subject to reasonable cross examination. Witnesses have the right to have an attorney present at the hearing.
3) The agenda is subject to change at the discretion of the Planning Commission.
*Persons with disabilities in need of special accommodations or the hearing impaired needing an interpreter please contact the City Clerk’s Office (955-6520) 5 days prior to the hearing date.
For previous packets please refer to Archives Center.