Planning Commission Packet
Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 6:00pm
City Council Chambers
City Hall 1st Floor - 200 Lincoln Avenue
A. ROLL CALL
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
C. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
D. APPROVAL OF MINUTES AND FINDINGS/CONCLUSIONS
E. OLD BUSINESS
F. NEW BUSINESS
G. STUDY SESSION
- Land Use Development Code Overview of Zoning and Zoning Districts. (Greg Smith and Land Use Staff)
- Overview of Terrain Management, Escarpment Overlay, and Floodplain. (RB Zaxus)
- 1999 General Plan. (Reed Liming)
- Role of Planning Commission and Development Approvals. (Greg Smith)
I. MATTERS FROM THE COMMISSION
1) Procedures in front of the Planning Commission are governed by the City of Santa Fe Rules & Procedures for City Committees, adopted by resolution of the Governing Body of the City of Santa Fe, as the same may be amended from time to time (Committee Rules), and by Roberts Rules of Order (Roberts Rules). In the event of a conflict between the Committee Rules and Roberts Rules, the Committee Rules control.
2) New Mexico law requires the following administrative procedures to be followed by zoning boards conducting “quasi-judicial” hearings. By law, any contact of Planning Commission members by applicants, interested parties or the general public concerning any development review application pending before the Commission, except by public testimony at Planning Commission meetings, is generally prohibited. In “quasi-judicial” hearings before zoning boards, all witnesses must be sworn in, under oath, prior to testimony and will be subject to reasonable cross examination. Witnesses have the right to have an attorney present at the hearing.
3) The agenda is subject to change at the discretion of the Planning Commission.
*Persons with disabilities in need of special accommodations or the hearing impaired needing an interpreter please contact the City Clerk’s Office (955-6520) 5 days prior to the hearing date.
For previous packets please refer to Archives Center.