Parking News and Announcements
CITY OF SANTA FE OFFICES ARE CLOSED THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 25 & FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2021. IN OBSERVANCE OF THE THANKSGIVING DAY HOLIDAY.
THE PARKING DIVISION BUILDING IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC:
TUESDAYS AND THURSDAYS 8:30 AM - 12:00 NOON and 1:00 PM -- 4:30 PM
Phone: (505) 955-6581 or (505) 955-6778
ATTENTION GARAGE PARKING USERS:
Please pay for your parking at the Pay Stations located at the pedestrian entrances of all garages prior to exiting the garage with your vehicle.
The on-street metered parking spaces are charged the regular meter fee, which is displayed on the meter's LCD screen.
March 20, 2020 - In Response to COVID-19 Parking Division has Initiated Changes to Current Processes
The City of Santa Fe is being proactive with regards to Parking Citation Payments and Penalties during a time of economic difficulty and uncertainty for many residents. We are also taking steps to minimize personal contact, increase “Social Distancing” and keep our City staffers safe by providing options for making payments without visiting a City facility.
- Effective March 23, 2020, the fifteen (15) day grace-period to pay or appeal a parking violation citation from the date of issuance has been extended to sixty (60) days. This grace-period extension is scheduled to expire on May 31, 2020. However, parking citation recipients are encouraged to pay or appeal their parking citations by the due date printed on their citation.
- The Parking Division office is located at 500 Market Street, Suite 200 in the Railyard next to REI. Citizens wishing to pay or appeal citations, or apply for or pay for new or renewed parking permits are requested to visit the Parking Division's website www.santafenm.gov/parking. Parking citation payments can also be made by calling 1-833-805-1616.
We hope this provides some breathing room for economically-strapped residents at a difficult time, and some peace of mind for our employees.
June 7, 2019 - Railyard Parking Garage Routing Changes
This weekend will be one of the busiest weekends of the summer, and if you're planning on visiting the Railyard you should know about some traffic routing changes taking effect this Saturday, June 8, 2019.
The changes include:
1. At the Railyard Parking Garage, traffic will be routed to circulate each level when leaving so that it extends the queue and hopefully results in a continuous, moving line, rather than a dead stop traffic jam.
2. Signs indicating that Camino de la Familia is ‘Not A Through Street’ to reduce people coming down that street and then trying to turn around in front of the garage when they run into the dead end at Sanbusco fence.
3. Offering prepaid entry to the garage when there are events. Movie goers will not have to prepay since they get validation.
Please let us know if you have questions or suggestions.
October 22, 2018 - City of Santa Fe and ParkMobile Partner to Make Parking Easier than Ever
The City of Santa Fe is partnering with ParkMobile, LLC – USA, to offer the convenience of mobile pay to on-street metered parking in the downtown and Railyard area.
The ParkMobile App is a free download for iPhone and Android devices; users may also register on parkmobile.io. After creating an account, customers can instantly begin to use the system with their registered mobile device. With the ParkMobile App users are able to pay for on-street metered parking spots from their vehicles, receive a notification when your time is about to expire, and add additional time remotely. New decals have been placed on all meters with information on how to pay for parking using the new app.
ParkMobile is a tested and effective service provider: it is the most widely-used mobile parking solution in the country, with more than 11 million users across 350 cities. ParkMobile is excited to bring these services to the City of Santa Fe. For more information about ParkMobile, visit ParkMobile.io or @ParkMobile on Twitter or @ParkMobile on Facebook.
August 31, 2018 - Pre-Pay Event Parking Rate at City Facilities
For events that start prior to 4:00 p.m., the City of Santa Fe’s Parking Division offers a pre-pay option to patrons in an effort to make their stay in our facilities more enjoyable and provide them with quicker exiting times. We are proud to announce that the cost of our pre-pay event parking at our City parking garages has now been reduced to seven dollars ($7.00).
April 13, 2018 - New Parking Meter Decals
As part of an ongoing effort to improve customer service and provide users with a pleasant parking experience, City of Santa Fe’s Parking Division has installed new decals on all City parking meters. The decals (shown below) provide parking customers with valuable information such as:
- Maximum parking time limits for each zone, which are defined by color-coded blocks.
- Enforcement days and hours of operation.
- Meter holidays when meters are not enforced.
- Instructions on reporting a malfunctioning (broken) meter. Customers can scan the QR code on the decal which will direct them to the Parking’s online form to report malfunctioning meters. (*Android users must download a QR Code Reader App from Google Play Store; iPhone users can simply use the camera on their cell phone.)
- Web address to report a malfunctioning (broken) meter.