Parking News and Announcements
July 5, 2018 - Mayor Webber Announces Half-Price Summer Saturday Parking Sale
Santa Fe is about to hold a half-price summer Saturday sale on Parking. Starting July 7th, the cost of meter parking in the Railyard and Downtown will be cut in half. Half-price meter parking on Summer Saturdays will cost $1 per hour through September 8th, the weekend of Fiestas de Santa Fe. Parking is already free on Sundays, making weekends in some of Santa Fe’s busiest months much more convenient for local Santa Feans and the businesses they visit.
Mayor Alan Webber said, “Santa Fe residents and merchants share a strong feeling: downtown parking just isn’t working for them. Our half-price summer sale is just a first step. It’s our way of saying, ‘We hear you and we’re working on it.’”
The summer promotion will run from Saturday, July 7th through Saturday, September 8th. Meters will automatically reflect the pricing changes during enforcement hours (8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.). Posted meter time limits will still be enforced.
“Stay tuned,” Mayor Webber added. “We’re going to keep looking at other changes to make parking work for everyone in Santa Fe.
April 13, 2018 - As part of an ongoing effort to improve customer service and provide users with a pleasant parking experience, City of Santa Fe’s Parking Division has installed new decals on all City parking meters. The decals (shown below) provide parking customers with valuable information such as:
- Maximum parking time limits for each zone, which are defined by color-coded blocks.
- Enforcement days and hours of operation.
- Meter holidays when meters are not enforced.
- Instructions on reporting a malfunctioning (broken) meter. Customers can scan the QR code on the decal which will direct them to the Parking’s online form to report malfunctioning meters. (*Android users must download a QR Code Reader App from Google Play Store; iPhone users can simply use the camera on their cell phone.)
- Web address to report a malfunctioning (broken) meter.