News & Announcements
On Sunday, November 17 at approximately 8:00 a.m. a water main broke in the vicinity of Frank Ortiz Dog Park. The resulting leak sent water flooding downhill and carved deep arroyos into the hillside, carrying mud and debris in the neighborhood near Solana Drive and North Plata Circle.
Our City Water Department along with Public Works and Parks and Rec are still on the scene, cleaning up streets and parking lots and marking off areas that are unstable due to the erosion.
We ask for the public’s patience and caution as we address the break and the ensuing clean up.
The following notes are preliminary and could change as this investigation and cleanup continue:
- Estimated time of water flow: 2 hours
- Estimated amount of water: 200,000 gallons
- Water main materials: 8” PVC pipe, installed 1993
- Cause of break: Unknown at this time
- Clean up and containment: 2 front end loaders, 1 back-hoe, 2 dump trucks, 3 street sweepers, 15+ employees working with shovels
- Caution: Portions of the hillside below Ortiz Park are off limits due to instability of hillside
Please know that these numbers could change as our people access additional information from metered use. Anyone with a damage claim is encouraged to take photographs; a Pdf of the claim form is attached for download,
Claim Form [PDF]
City of Santa Fe
200 Lincoln Ave.
Santa Fe, NM 87501
E: [bot protected email address]