News & Announcements
The Santa Fe Solid Waste Management Agency is hosting a Free Trash Day for Santa Fe city and county residents at the Buckman Road Recycling and Transfer Station (BuRRT) and Caja del Rio Landfill on Saturday, September 19, from 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
The Agency anticipates a large turnout for this popular event, so be prepared for a longer wait time. Residents needing assistance with unloading should bring help with them.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, all customers must:
- Limit to one load.
- Limit to two people per vehicle.
- Wear a facemask or face-covering at all times.
- Stay within their parking space and keep six feet away from others.
Residents bringing trash in cars and small pickups can go to the BuRRT facility at 2600 Buckman Road. All vehicles with trailers must go to the landfill at 149 Wildlife Way. All loads must be secured and covered with a tarp.
Acceptable items include:
- Garbage, rubbish, unwanted materials
- Bulky items such as large appliances, furniture, mattresses, box springs
- Remodeling or building materials, carpet, tiles, concrete, bricks, metals
Fees will be charged for green waste, household hazardous waste, electronic wastes and tires.
No commercial or business waste will be accepted. Loads that arrive in commercial vehicles or trailers will be assumed to be commercial-business waste and will be subject to tipping fees.
For more information please call 424-1850 x 150 or visit SantaFeRecycling.org.