News & Announcements
The following actions are not currently permitted in the City of Santa Fe, due to draught conditions:
- Open burning, including campfires, bonfires or pit barbecues
- Burning of weeds, trash or other vegetation
- Using charcoal barbecue grills in public parks or recreation areas
- Smoking in public parks, recreation areas or on public trails
- Using any motorized all-terrain vehicles or motorcycles on city-owned parks, trails or recreation areas (except for the motocross track located off 599)
The sale or use of the following fireworks is specifically prohibited within the city limits:
- Aerial devices: Aerial spinners, helicopters, mines, missile-type rockets, Roman candles, shells, and stick-type rockets, etc.
- Ground audible devices: Chasers, and firecrackers, etc.
All fireworks within any land covered wholly or in part by timber, brush or native grass are prohibited.
Contact: For further information, please contact the Santa Fe Fire Department Fire Prevention Division at (505) 955-3310.