News & Announcements
Santa Fe has many Christmas traditions, including Posole, Chile, Tamales, Farolitos, and Luminarias.
In the spirit of Christmas, Fire Chief Paul Babcock along with Fire Inspector Geronimo Griego are granting Burn Permit Amnesty for all Luminarias in Santa Fe on Christmas Eve (Tuesday, December 24, 2019) from dusk until dawn on Christmas Day (Wednesday, December 25) as long as the following conditions are met:
- The area within 10 feet of the fire shall be clear of all combustible materials (grass, weeds, etc).
- Fires shall be attended and supervised at all times.
- Water or fire extinguisher shall be readily available should the need for rapid extinguishment arise.
- Only wood shall be burned in the proposed fires.
- The fire area shall not exceed 3 feet wide by 3 feet long by 3 feet high.
- A means of rapid notification of the Fire Department shall be available.
- All fires shall be completely extinguished at the conclusion of the event.
Normally, all open burning without a burn permit issued from the Santa Fe Fire Department is prohibited under the City’s Fire Code.
For additional information please contact Fire Chief Babcock at (505) 955-3112 Office or [bot protected email address]