News & Announcements
The City of Santa Fe downtown road projects are:
- Palace and Grant Avenues – electrical utility work until the end of January.
- Marcy Street near Otero Street – telephone utility work until the end of January.
- Water Street from Galisteo Street – ADA ramp construction until the end of January.
- Acequia Madre between Paseo De Peralta and Garcia Street – Sewer line repair work until 1/22/14.
- 304 Johnson Street – water line tie-in repair work until 1/22/14.
Beginning Tuesday, January 14, 2014, crews are scheduled to begin construction of ADA curb ramp improvements. This work is part of a larger effort to improve accessibility for the disabled community in accordance with federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) guidelines. The project is scheduled for completion within a three to four week period, weather permitting. Improvements will require removal and replacement of various sections of sidewalk. Traffic and sidewalk detours will be placed. Motorists and pedestrians are urged to use caution in construction zones. Contact James Martinez, Project Manager, (505) 955-6953 for more information. Streets that will be affected are:
- Calle de Los Marquez and Don Diego (January 16–22, 2014)
- Alameda Street and Shelby Street (January 17–22, 2014)
- Alameda Street and Old Santa Fe Trail (January 22–24, 2014)
- Guadalupe and Cerrillos Road. (January 23–31, 2014)
- Water Street and Galisteo Street (February 6–8, 2014)