News & Announcements
The City of Santa Fe road projects for the week beginning Monday, August 19, 2013 are:
Downtown Road Projects:
- Washington Avenue and Paseo De Peralta partial closure for reconstruction and will continue until approximately late summer.
- Alameda Street between Galisteo Street to Palace Avenue has an offset traffic work zone and will continue until approximately late summer.
- San Francisco Street and Old Santa Fe Trail has an offset traffic work zone for remodeling of the La Fonda Hotel and will continue until approximately late summer.
- The City of Santa Fe Public Utilities Department is currently on site repairing a water main break in the 500-600 blocks of Canyon Road, between Camino Econdido and Camino de Monte Sol. Crews will have to shut the water off temporally for a couple of hours and hope to complete the repairs by 3:00 p.m. today. There is an offset for traffic and residents should expect a slight delay.
St. Francis Drive at San Mateo and Cerrillos Road:
- Night hours only (6:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m.) north bound lane closures of St. Francis Drive at San Mateo and Cerrillos Road for water main upgrade, beginning August 6 and will continue until late October
Median Remodel Work at the intersection of
Cerrillos Road at Camino Entrada and Wagon Road
- Phase 2 of a median remodeling project to improve sight lines at the intersection of Cerrillos Road and Camino Entrada will begin on Monday, August 19. Phase 2 will shift the temporary traffic control to the northeast bound lanes (towards town) of Cerrillos Road and include a lane closure and a reduced speed zone.
- The work will consist of: the removal of vegetation from portions of the medians in the middle of Cerrillos Road; placement of colored patterned concrete; and the placement of concrete within the pork-chop traffic islands on the west side of Cerrillos Road. The work is expected to last through the week, weather permitting. Drivers are asked to proceed through the work zone with caution, and seek alternate routes if possible during this period of time. Your patience and safe driving is greatly appreciated. For more information please contact City of Santa Fe project manager, Sandra Kassens at 955-6697.
Landscaping Project Begins on
Airport Road at Country Club Road to Lopez Lane
- The Airport Road Landscaping Improvements Project, from Country Club Road to Lopez Lane, will begin Monday, August 19. The approximate two mile long project is a continuation of the median project completed in 2012. This project includes landscape and irrigation in the center medians. During construction two lanes of travel in each direction will remain open during peak hour traffic. This project is scheduled for 75 to last for calendar days.
- The contractor, H.O. Construction, Inc. of Albuquerque, NM, will be working daily from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Left lane closures in both directions are anticipated through the week during non-peak hours. No left turn access will be allowed within these zones. Drivers could experience delays and should plan trips accordingly. For more information contact City of Santa Fe project engineer Desirae Lujan at 955-6654.
Pavement and Crack Sealing Maintenance on Multiple Streets
- The 2013 Summer Maintenance Program will begin work on several streets on Monday, August 19. The pavement maintenance process corrects pavement surface deformities. Crack sealing maintenance consists of applying a rubberized asphalt sealant material on roadway cracks to prevent water infiltration into the pavement. The duration of maintenance on each particular street is normally one to three days. The work is scheduled to last until early October with a tentative completion on October 4, (weather permitting). Citizens are asked to seek alternate routes, as traffic may be delayed and vehicles may not be able to use the streets for parking areas. The contractors (EMCO of Santa Fe and GM Emulsion of Santa Fe.) will distribute door to door flyers of specifics and a schedule of work to be completed. For more information contact City of Santa Fe project manager Tony Sanchez at 955-2404.
The following streets are scheduled to receive maintenance:
Camino De Lora
Paseo De Sur
Calle De Agua
East Zia Road
Rodeo Road/Zia Road/Siringo Road (Spot Locations)
Richards Avenue (Cerrillos Road to Siringo Road)
Crack Sealing Maintenance:
La Madera Street
Rio Grande Avenue
Rio Grande Place
Old Taos Hwy