News & Announcements
The Environmental Services Division (ESD) encourages you to recycle your real Christmas tree by dropping it off at Franklin Miles Park or the Buckman Road Recycling & Transfer Station. Trees can be recycled for free from December 30, 2019 – January 15, 2020.
Recycling a real Christmas tree:
Make sure that all lights, ornaments, flocking and decorations on the tree are removed before recycling. No stands.
Trees can be brought to the following locations:
- Franklin Miles Park (Corner of Camino Carlos Rey & Siringo Rd.)
- Mulch will be available on a first come, first served basis.
- Buckman Road Recycling & Transfer Station (2600 Buckman Road). Mixed loads containing trash and a tree will be charged appropriate fees.
- Mulch is available most times for free. Call (505) 424-1850 to confirm availability.
Recycling Christmas trees into mulch provides woody material that can help make Santa Fe’s soils healthier, increase water retention and provide nutrients for plants.
Disposing of a real or artificial Christmas tree:
- Do not place an artificial or real tree into a City recycling cart!
- You can place an artificial or real tree in your trash Make sure that the cart lid closes. If it sticks out, ESD trucks cannot pick up your cart.
- If the tree is too big to fit into a City trash cart, call ESD at 955-2200 and arrange for a large item pickup. ESD customer service will schedule a collection and provide the current charge information. Trees placed curbside without being scheduled will not be collected.
For more information, contact the Environmental Services Division at (505) 955-2200.
Contact: Shirlene Sitton, Environmental Service Director; (505) 955-2209; [bot protected email address]