News & Announcements
Bicentennial Pool will reopen on Monday, August 3 with COVID protocols designed to keep patrons and staff safe, following orders from Governor Lujan-Grisham.
The facility will be reservation only—for safety control purposes, no walk-ins will be allowed. There will be 45 minute swim sessions to accommodate a thorough cleaning between sessions.
“The plan was to open the Genoveva Chavez Community Center (GCCC) safely and successfully, then to open Bicentennial Pool. GCCC is open, much to the delight of patrons, and now we are ready to also open Bicentennial Pool. Therefore, I am thrilled to announce the opening of Bicentennial Pool at Alto Park,” said Parks and Recreation Director John P. Muñoz. He continued, “Please be considerate of our staff: team members are mothers, daughters, dads, sons, and partners and have loved ones who depend on them. It is important for all patrons to adhere to our safety guidelines.”
Reservations for swim sessions will be accepted by phone only--please call 505 955-4778 or 505 955-4779 at least 24 hours in advance to reserve a space.
Staff will be on-site beginning Friday, July 31 at 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. to accept reservations for Monday, August 3, (opening day). Space is limited – please show up on time for any reservations.
New Regulations for the pool include:
· All patrons will be screened upon entry. A temperature check and a short series screening of questions will be asked.
· All patrons are required to wear masks before and after entering the water. Masks must remain on throughout the facility except while in the pool.
· Patrons will be required to sign a waiver and a code of conduct as a condition of entry.
· Each patron will have 45 minutes to recreate. At the end of the facility session the building will be cleared completely and sanitized for the next set of patrons.
· 6 foot social distancing regulations will be in effect at the entrance and throughout the facility. Floors will be marked and staff will be monitoring and enforcing this rule.
· Locker Rooms and Showers will not be available. Please arrive showered, having used the bathroom and wearing proper swim/workout attire.
· Bring water, fountains will be taped off.
· For safety control purposes, children under 10 will not be allowed
Facility hours of operations:
6:30 a.m. - 2:15 p.m.
10 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Monday – Thursday: 6:30 a.m. - 7:15 a.m.; 7:30 a.m. – 8:15 a.m.; 8:30 a.m. - 9:15 a.m.; 9:30 a.m. – 10:15 am.; 10:30 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.; 11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.; 12:30 p.m. - 1:15 p.m.; 1:30 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.
Saturday/Sunday - 10:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.; 11:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.; 12:00 p.m. – 12:45 p.m.; 1:00 p.m. - 1:45p.m.; 2:00p.m. - 2:45p.m.; 3:00p.m. - 3:45p.m.; 4:00p.m.- 4:45p.m.
· The pool will be accessed through the hallways out to the deck
· A total of 7 spots are available – 1 in each lane
· Exit the pool though the gates on the deck
Screening questions for patrons upon arrival:
1. Have you had a fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell in the past 14 days?
2. Have you had contact with a person known to be infected, potentially infected, or exposed to someone infected with COVID-19 within the previous 14 days?
3. Have you or someone you’ve been in contact with traveled out-of-state or internationally in the last 14 days?
If patrons answer yes to any of the questions or have a temperature that is 100.4 or higher, they will not be allowed to enter the facility.
Increased Cleaning & Disinfecting – The Bicentennial will follow CDC Guidelines
The Bicentennial Pool will use EPA-approved disinfectants and perform sanitizing and disinfecting best practices as provided by the CDC. Bicentennial has invested in extra hand sanitizing stations, disinfecting wipes and cleaning products, and they are readily available for member use throughout the facility.
New cleaning guidelines have been established for staff. These plans include detailed checklists and schedules. For example: all high-touch areas will be cleaned every hour (equipment, doorknobs, countertops, handles etc.).