The City of Santa Fe continues to adapt and modify procedures with the goal of minimizing interpersonal contact and reducing the spread of COVID-19, all while continuing to deliver essential services. The following Santa Fe Municipal Court procedures will be implemented until further notice as part of our response to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
If you have an upcoming arraignment please call (505) 955-5070 to set up a telephonic hearing. Please leave a message as the Court does have staff on a reduced schedule answering calls and returning voicemails and emails.
If you have an upcoming pre-trial conference please see the contact information below:
- If you have been charged with a jailable offense such as Careless Driving, DWI, etc. AND you are represented by the Public Defender, please call David Thomas at (505) 955-6052 before the date of your hearing.
- If you have been charged with a jailable offense such as Careless Driving, DWI, etc. AND you want to apply for the Public Defender, please call Cindy Hagman at (505) 955-5108 before the date of your hearing.
- If you have been charged with a jailable offense such as Careless Driving, DWI, etc. AND you want to represent yourself, please call City Prosecutor Kyle Hibner at (505) 955-5195 before the date of your hearing.
- If you have a private defense attorney please contact them.
The Santa Fe Municipal Court is allowing the public to enter the courthouse on a limited basis.
All persons entering the Santa Fe Municipal Court will be asked the following questions as part of a screening process for COVID-19:
- Have you been asked to self-quarantine because of COVID_19 AND are you still within the quarantine period?
- Within the past 14 days, have you been diagnosed with COVID_19 by a
- Within the past I4 days, have you had a positive test results for COVID_
19 liom a testing center or by the Department of Health?
- Have you been in contact with anyone who you know has COVID-l9?
- Within the past l4 days, have you had a fever above 100.4 degrees, chills,
sore throat, body aches, or headaches?
- Within the past 14 days, have you developed new shortness of brealh,
difficulty breathing, or dry cough? .
- Have you recently developed a loss oftaste or smell?
In addition, all persons entering the Santa Fe Municipal Court will have their temperatures taken by a non-contact thermometer. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be allowed into the courthouse.
All persons entering the Santa Fe Municipal Court must wear appropriate face coverings and follow social distancing guidelines.
The Santa Fe Municipal Court will provide masks, along with stations for hand sanitizing and washing.
Court ordered payments can be made online at www.citepayusa.com. To access a case, must have the exact court case number or the citation number, as well as their date of birth. The service provider will charge a fee of 5.95% of the fines or fees for the service.
Court required documentation (Community Service, Defensive Driving, Insurance, Registration, etc.) can be submitted to the following email: [bot protected email address]. Please include your contact information and case/citation number.
The Court does have a small drop box near the front door for documentation or payments dropped off in person. The Court is checking the drop box daily.
Santa Fe Municipal Court encourages Defendants and Attorneys to fax file at (505) 955-5159.
We thank everyone for their flexibility and cooperation during these extraordinary times.
The Mission of the Santa Fe Municipal Court is to administer justice to the people of Santa Fe in a fair, equitable, efficient, professional and consistent manner. The Court seeks to serve as a model court for the state.
The purpose of the municipal court is to provide a fair, impartial, efficient court system for violations of city ordinances.
The Municipal Court oversees the following cases:
2511 Camino Entrada
Santa Fe, NM 87507
Ph: (505) 955-5070 - main line
Fx: (505) 955-5159
Chad Chittum, Staff Attorney
Ph: (505) 955-5106
[bot protected email address]
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday