Make Music Santa Fe
MAKE MUSIC SANTA FE PROJECT COORDINATOR: Scope of Work
Organization: Make Music Santa Fe Position: Santa Fe Project Coordinator Consultant Fee: Negotiable
Timeframe: February - June 2022 approximately 400 hours total
To express your interest, please submit by January 31, 2022 5pm MST to [bot protected email address]
Letter of interest describing your experience related to the scope of work, connection to the music scene in Santa Fe and interest in Make Music Day Santa Fe
Resume listing your experience related to the consulting position, no more than 2 pages
3 references with their name, email address and phone number
Consulting fee to fulfill the scope of work
About Make Music Santa Fe
Santa Fe joins more than 1,000 cities in 120 countries around the world for the global celebration of Make Music Day. Make Music Santa Fe is a chapter of Make Music North America and is a unique, diverse, and inclusive musical celebration, each year on June 21st, creating community events that are open to anyone wanting to take part. Novice to professional musicians, non-music makers, community members of all ages, music teachers, music performers, and anyone wanting to experience musical activities will pour onto Santa Fe’s streets, parks, plazas, and porches to share their music or engage in music with friends, neighbors, and strangers. All activities are free and open to everyone.
About the Position
The Make Music Day Santa Fe Project Coordinator (Coordinator) reports directly to the Make Music Day Santa Fe Planning Committee (Committee). The Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day management of Make Music Santa Fe, a growing and innovative community-wide celebration on June 21st. Responsibilities include:
- Recruiting and coordinating Make Music Day volunteers, community partners, and venues, to organize concerts, music and vocal lessons, performances, etc. across the city with special emphasis on the far-reaching neighborhoods of the Southside and Mid-town areas of Santa
- Managing content of the Make Music Santa Fe
- Managing musician and venue registration and the online matchmaking process that brings them
- Overseeing promotional campaigns including gathering information and drafting core language for press releases, newsletters, social media, and the Make Music Santa Fe
- Creating email campaigns for promotions, to create sponsorship interest, to invite vendors to participate,
- Assisting and supporting partner organizations and/or individuals with the implementation of Make Music Day North America signature special
- Applying for and tracking required Following up with city agencies in tandem with the Arts and Culture Department.
- Representing the Santa Fe Chapter at the Make Music North America virtual meetings.
- Fielding questions from potential and confirmed vendors and participants. Serve as the point of contact for all incoming emails.
- Assisting in the planning, coordination, and execution of Make Music Santa Fe produced concert events?
- Managing project coordination tasks including, but not limited to:
- Participate in committee meetings to brainstorm, identify tasks, and outline project management details.
- Plan and manage goals and tasks.
- Provide project schedules and new information to the Committee.
- Supervise projects and coordinate all committee team members to keep workflow on track.
- Prepare and distribute meeting minutes to the Committee after each meeting.
- Adhere to budget by monitoring expenses and implementing cost-saving measures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ideal candidates will embody the following characteristics + skills:
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills.
- Experience successfully recruiting and managing volunteers.
- Outstanding communications skills, particularly with musicians, venues, and project partners from all walks of life.
- Highly skilled organizer.
- Reliable and calm under pressure.
- Broad knowledge of Santa Fe’s neighborhoods.
- This is a consultant position.
- The duration of this position is from February 1, 2022 through June 30, 2022.
- This position is allotted a maximum number of 400 hours over the 5-month timeframe.
- This position requires a valid driver’s license and New Mexico State auto insurance.
- Because this position is largely conducted remotely, the Coordinator must have sufficient broadband/WiFi.
-The Coordinator must have computer and software skills including Word, Excel, and online meeting platforms including Google Docs and Google Sheets.
-The Coordinator must be available by email, text, and/or phone.
-The Coordinator must have proof of COVID-19 vaccination and when applicable, booster shot OR medical notice signed by board certified medical doctor for vaccination exemption.