Please read carefully:
- Only one (1) leak adjustment will be authorized each calendar year.
- The property owner/ and or tenant agree to any investigation that the City deems necessary to confirm or verify the leak and/or the repair of the leak.
- The customer may be required to allow a Water Conservation Audit to be performed on the property.
- The leak must be located and repaired prior to the approval of any leak adjustment. The City, at its discretion, may discontinue water service as noted above under “Discontinuance and Denying Restoration of Service”.
- If the source of a leak is due to the theft of service or through vandalism, the customer must report theft to the police. A copy of the police report must be submitted with this application. The City may require that the customer has addressed the problem of a future theft or vandalism, such as the installation of a faucet lock.
- Your account must clearly show a lower consumption for the same months in the previous year. (This requirement is not applicable if the current owner or tenant did not occupy the property during the prior year.)
- Copies of receipts or verification (notarized letter) of the leak repair must be included with this application. Valid documentation of a leak repair consists of: Receipts of repairs performed by a certified plumbing business, receipts for parts purchased if the leak was repaired by the property owner or tenant, or a letter from a plumbing company, on the company’s letterhead, certifying that they repaired the leak.
- The adjustment will be applied on the next billing after the application is approved. The adjustment will be applied to the bill of the customer (property owner or tenant) responsible for the water portion of the bill.
- Should the property owner or party in control of the property refuse to repair the leak in a reasonable time period, as determined by the City, no adjustment will be granted.
- No refund checks will be issued for leak credits granted.
- This policy is in effect only for leak adjustments applied for after the effective date of this policy.