City Council Packet January 29, 2014
REGULAR CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
JANUARY 29, 2014
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS
AFTERNOON SESSION – 5:00 P.M.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. SALUTE TO THE NEW MEXICO FLAG
5. ROLL CALL
6. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
7. APPROVAL OF CONSENT CALENDAR
8. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: Reg. City Council Meeting – January 8, 2014 ITEM 8
a) Employee of the Month for January 2014 – Stuart Stephenson, Digital Duplicating Center Technician,
City Clerk’s Office. (5 minutes)
b) Introduction of Law Enforcement Academy Graduates and Lateral Hire.
(Chief Ray Rael) (10 minutes)
10. CONSENT CALENDAR
a) Request for Approval of Procurement Under State Price Agreement – City-Wide LED Traffic
Signal Lights; Econolite Group, Inc. (Rick Devine) ITEM 10a
b) Request for Approval of Grant Agreements for Senior Services Division; State of New Mexico
Aging and Long-Term Services Department. (Ron Vialpando) ITEM 10b
1) Request for Approval to Plan, Design, Renovate and Equip Parking Lot at Mary Esther Gonzales
2) Request for Approval of Purchase and Installation of Commercial Meals Equipment for
City-Wide Senior Centers.
3) Request for Approval of Budget Increase – Grant Fund.
c) Request for Approval of Lease Agreement – Allow for Parking of Service Vehicles and Storage of
Materials on City Alley Located Along the Southerly Boundary of 1549 Sixth Street; Wayne S. Colmer
and Roberta L. Colmer 1998 Revocable Inter Vivos Trust and Colmer Development Company.
(Edward Vigil) ITEM 10c
d) Request for Approval of Sale of Real Estate – Approximately 447 Square Feet Within a Portion of Lot 1,
Block 92 of the 1912 Kings Official Map Located at 642 Old Santa Fe Trail; David K. Giles.
(Edward Vigil) ITEM 10d
e) Request to Publish Notice of Public Hearing on February 26, 2014: ITEM 10e 1 & 2
1) Bill No. 2014-4: An Ordinance Relating to the City of Santa Fe Housing Code, Chapter 26,
SFCC 1987; Amending Subsection 26-1.21 to Include Veterans in the List of Professions to
Qualify for Expanded Eligibility Standards for Santa Fe Homes Program (SFHP) Homes.
(Councilor Calvert and Councilor Bushee) (Alexandra Ladd)
2) Bill No. 2014-5: An Ordinance Relating to the Santa Fe Homes Program (“SFHP”);
Amending Section 14-8.11 SFCC 1987 to Make Permanent the Current Percentage Requirements
of the SFHP; Amending Section 26-1 SFCC 1987 to Update the Legislative Findings, to Establish
the Schedule for Payments in Lieu of Constructing Units for SFHP Developments with Two Through
Ten Total Units, to Make Permanent the Current Percentage Requirements of the SFHP and to
Make Various Other Changes to the SFHP Ordinance. (Councilor Wurzburger) (Alexandra Ladd)
3) Bill No. 2014-6: An Ordinance Relating to the Residential Green Building Code; Creating a
New Subsection 7-4.3 SFCC 1987, to Establish a Residential Addition and Remodel Green
Building Code for Single Family Attached and Detached; Amending Exhibit “A” to Chapter VII to
Create a New Chapter 2 to Establish Definitions, to Create a New Item 802.6 Regarding Rough
Plumbing for Future Use of Gray Water, to Create New Chapters 11 and 12 to Establish Checklists
for Remodeling and Remodeling of Functional Areas and Small Additions and to Create a New
Appendix B to Establish Whole Building Ventilation System Specifications.
(Councilor Calvert, Councilor Ives and Councilor Bushee) (Katherine Mortimer) ITEM 10e 3
a) A Resolution Amending the Administrative Procedures for the Santa Fe Residential Green
Building Code (“RGBC”) to Grant the Land Use Director the Authority to Make Administrative
Changes to the RGBC User’s Guide and to Add Item 802.6 to the User’s Guide; Adopting
Administrative Procedures for the City of Santa Fe Residential Addition and Remodel Green
Building Code (“RARGBC”); and Directing Staff to Create a User’s Guide for the RARGBC.
(Councilor Calvert, Councilor Ives and Councilor Bushee) (Katherine Mortimer)
4) Bill No. 2014-7: An Ordinance Relating to Campaign Contributions from City Contractors;
Amending the Code of Ethics, Section 1-7 SFCC 1987 and the Campaign Code, Section
9-2 SFCC 1987 to Regulate Conflicts of Interest Arising from Campaign Contributions from
City Contractors and for Related Purposes. (Councilor Calvert) (Zachary Shandler) ITEM 10e 4
f) CONSIDERATION OF RESOLUTION NO. 2014-____. (Councilor Calvert, Councilor Bushee and
A Resolution Supporting The Southwest Transit Association’s Position Paper on the Future of Federal
Transit Funding; Encouraging Congress to Restore Capital Bus and Bus Facilities Funding to Small
Urban Cities to Pre Map-21 Levels; and Calling on the State of New Mexico to Establish a State Transit
Fund to Assist Transit Systems Operating Within the State. (Jon Bulthuis) ITEM 10f
g) Request for Approval of Findings of Fact and Conclusions of Law for Case #2013-93, Appeal of the
September 12, 2013 Decision of the Planning Commission in Case #2013-58 Denying the Request
of Aguafina Development, LLC for Preliminary Subdivision Plat Approval and a Variance for Three
Tracts of Land Located at 4701 and 4702 Rufina Street and 4262 Agua Fria Street.
(Kelley Brennan) ITEM 10g
h) Request for Approval of Appointment of Precinct Officials (Amended) for the March 4, 2014 Regular
Municipal Election. (Yolanda Y. Vigil) ITEM 10h
11. Case #2013-127. Request for Approval of the Recommendation of the City Attorney Pursuant to Santa Fe
City Code §14-3.17(D)(6) that the Governing Body Dismiss the Appeal of Stefanie Beninato from the
December 10, 2013 Decision of the Historic Districts Review Board in Case #H-13-080A and Case #H-13-080B,
777 Acequia Madre. (Kelley Brennan) ITEM 11
12. Bid No. 14/18/B – Indefinite Quantity Price Agreement for Bulk Fuel. (Robert Rodarte) ITEM 12
a) Desert Fuel, Inc.
b) Honstein Oil & Distributing, LLC
13. Request for Approval of Amendment No. 2 to Professional Services Agreement – Additional Engineering
Services for Cerrillos Road Construction Project – Camino Carlos Rey to St. Michael’s Drive; Parsons
Brinckerhoff, Inc. (Desirae Lujan) ITEM 13
14. Request for Approval of Procurement Under State and Cooperative Price Agreements – Nutrition, Transportation
and In-Home Support Services for Senior Services Division; Shamrock Foods Company.
(Robert Rodarte) ITEM 14
15. Request for Approval of Professional Services Agreement – LEAD Program Services for FY 2013/2014;
The Life Link. (Terrie Rodriguez) ITEM 15
16. Request for Approval of O.T.A.B. Annual Grant Program – 2014 Procedures and Application for Lodgers’
Tax Funding Assistance of Special Events; Santa Fe Occupancy Tax Advisory Board. (Jim Luttjohann) ITEM 16
17. Request for Approval of Budget Increase – FY 2013/2014 Rent at Montoya Federal Building.
(Marcos Tapia) ITEM 17
18. CONSIDERATION OF RESOLUTION NO 2014-____. (Councilor Calvert, Councilor Wurzburger,
Councilor Bushee, Councilor Ives and Councilor Dominguez)
A Resolution Respectfully Requesting that the City of Santa Fe’s Congressional Delegation Support Efforts
to Build, Preserve, Rehabilitate and Operate Rental Housing that is Affordable for Low Income Veterans and
their Families. (Terri Rodriguez) ITEM 18
19. CONSIDERATION OF RESOLUTION NO. 2014-____. (Councilor Calvert, Councilor Wurzburger,
Councilor Bushee, Councilor Ives and Councilor Dominguez)
A Resolution Calling on the State of New Mexico and the Public Regulation Commission to Follow
Santa Fe’s Lead in Making New Mexico the Nation’s Solar Power Leader and Set the Goal of Generating
Ten Percent of the State’s Energy from Solar by 2020. (Nick Schiavo) ITEM 19
20. Request to Publish Notice of Public Hearing on February 26, 2014:
Bill No. 2014-8: An Ordinance Relating to the Single-Use Bag Ordinance, Section 21-8 SFCC 1987;
Amending Subsection 21-8.1 to Modify the Legislative Findings Related to Paper Grocery Bags; Amending
Subsection 21-8.4 to Eliminate the Requirement that Retail Establishments Collect a Paper Grocery Bag
Charge of Not Less than Ten-Cents for Each Paper Grocery Bag Provided to Customers; Amending Subsection
21-8.6 to Establish a 30 Day Implementation Period; and Making Such Other Changes As Are Necessary.
(Councilor Wurzburger and Councilor Bushee) (Cindy Padilla) ITEM 20
21. MATTERS FROM THE CITY MANAGER
22. MATTERS FROM THE CITY ATTORNEY
In Accordance with the New Mexico Open Meetings Act §10-15-1(H)(7) NMSA 1978, Discussion Regarding
Pending or Threatened Litigation in Which the City of Santa Fe Is or May Become a Participant, Southside
Transit Center Location. (Zachary Shandler)
23. Action Regarding Southside Transit Center Location. (Zachary Shandler)
24. MATTERS FROM THE CITY CLERK
25. COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE GOVERNING BODY
EVENING SESSION – 7:00 P.M.
A. CALL TO ORDER
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
C. SALUTE TO THE NEW MEXICO FLAG
E. ROLL CALL
F. PETITIONS FROM THE FLOOR
G. APPOINTMENTS ITEM G
• Children and Youth Commission
• Santa Fe Water Conservation Committee
• Division of Senior Services Advisory Board of Directors
H. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1) Request from Blue Corn II, Inc., for a Small Brewers Off-Site A Liquor License to be Located at Draft Station,
60 E. San Francisco Street, Suites 312 and 313. (Yolanda Y. Vigil) ITEM H1
2) Request from Santa Fe Hard Cider, LLC for a Wine Wholesaler Liquor License to be Located at Santa Fe
Hard Cider, 1730 Camino Carlos Rey North, Unit #103. (Yolanda Y. Vigil) ITEM H2
3) Request from Billu, LLC for a Restaurant Liquor License (Beer and Wine On-Premise Consumption Only)
to be Located at India Palace Restaurant, 227 Don Gaspar Avenue. (Yolanda Y. Vigil) ITEM H3
4) Request from The Signature Gallery for a Waiver of the 300 Foot Location Restriction and Approval to Allow
the Dispensing/Consumption of Wine at The Signature Gallery, 102 E. Water Street. This Location is Within
300 Feet of The Church of Antioch at Santa Fe, 207 Old Santa Fe Trail. The Request is for the Monroe
Jackson Exhibition to be Held on February 14, 2014 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
(Yolanda Y. Vigil) ITEM H4
5) CONSIDERATION OF RESOLUTION NO. 2014-____. (Councilor Bushee)
A Resolution Authorizing the Establishment of a Hospital Study Group for the Purpose of Gathering
Information and Making Recommendations Related to the Current General State of Christus St. Vincent
Regional Medical Center. (Kate Noble) (Postponed to February 12, 2014 City Council Meeting)
6) CONSIDERATION OF RESOLUTION NO. 2014-____. (Councilor Ives)
A Resolution Calling for the Formation of a Community Health Working Group to Examine the Effects
of the Affordable Care Act on the Delivery of Health Care Services to the Santa Fe Community, the Cost
of Health Care in Santa Fe and Delivery of Health Care Services to the Indigent. (Kate Noble)
(Postponed to February 12, 2014 City Council Meeting)
7) CONSIDERATION OF BILL NO. 2014-1: ADOPTION OF ORDINANCE NO. 2014-____. (Councilor Bushee)
An Ordinance Amending Various Provisions of the City of Santa Fe Animal Services Ordinance, Chapter 5
SFCC 1987. (Johnny Martinez) (Postponed to February 12, 2014 City Council Meeting)
8) CONSIDERATION OF BILL NO. 2014-2: ADOPTION OF ORDINANCE NO. 2014-____. (Councilor Trujillo and
An Ordinance Relating to the Prohibition of the Procurement of Tobacco by Minors; Amending Subsection
16-15.4 SFCC 1987 to Amend the Definition of “Tobacco Product” and Create a New Definition for “Electronic
Smoking Device”. (Alfred Walker) (Postponed to February 12, 2014 City Council Meeting)
9) CONSIDERATION OF BILL NO. 2014-3: ADOPTION OF ORDINANCE NO. 2014-____.
An Ordinance Relating to Santa Fe Smoke Free Ordinance, Section 10-6 SFCC 1987; Amending
Subsection 10-6.2 to Include Findings Relating to Electronic Smoking Devices and Amending
Subsection 10-6.3 to Include Definitions for “Electronic Smoking Device” and “Tobacco Product”.
(Alfred Walker) (Postponed to February 12, 2014 City Council Meeting)
10) CONSIDERATION OF BILL NO. 2013-44: ADOPTION OF ORDINANCE NO. 2014-____.
An Ordinance Relating to Impact Fees, Section 14-8.14 SFCC1987; Amending Section 14-8.14(E)
to Modify the Amount of Impact Fees Assessed for Residential Developments; and Making Such Other
Stylistic or Grammatical Changes that Are Necessary. (Matthew O’Reilly) (Postponed at January 8, 2014
City Council Meeting) (Postponed to February 26, 2014 City Council Meeting)
Pursuant to the Governing Body Procedural Rules, in the event any agenda items have not been addressed, the meeting should be reconvened at 7:00 p.m., the following day and shall be adjourned not later than 12:00 a.m. Agenda items, not considered prior to 11:30 p.m., shall be considered when the meeting is reconvened or tabled for a subsequent meeting.
NOTE: New Mexico law requires the following administrative procedures be followed when conducting “quasi-judicial” hearings. In a “quasi-judicial” hearing all witnesses must be sworn in, under oath, prior to testimony and will be subject to reasonable cross-examination. Witnesses have the right to have an attorney present at the hearing.
Persons with disabilities in need of accommodations, contact the City Clerk’s office at 955-6520, five (5) days prior to meeting date.