The City of Santa Fe Fire Department Fire Prevention Division provides three categories of fire inspections:
- Annual Fire Inspections
- Certificate of Occupancy Inspections
- Short-Term Rental Fire Inspection Requirements »
Annual Inspections are conducted on buildings in excess of 1,500 square feet, including:
- All Stores
- All Restaurants
- Hotels / Motels
- Large Assembly Structures
- Educational Facilities
Annual Inspection Rates
- Businesses of 1500 sq. ft. or less $30.00
- Businesses of 1501-3000 sq. ft. $50.00
- Businesses of 3001-6000 sq. ft. $100.00
- Businesses of 6001-9000 sq. ft. $150.00
- Businesses of more than 9001 sq. ft. $200.00
Annual inspection fees are assessed during the annual Business Registration Renewal Process and are combined with other applicable fees. Inspection fees are validated in the Fire Code.
Certificate of Occupancy Inspections
Businesses are required to obtain a Certificate of Occupancy (CO) before acquiring a Business Registration. The Inspector conducts the CO to assure compliance with the Fire Code. If deficiencies are found, the applicant must correct them before scheduling a re-inspection.
Certificate of Occupancy Inspection Rates
- Home occupancy businesses $25.00
- Itinerant Vendors $25.00
- Businesses of 3000 sq. ft. or less $75.00
- Businesses of 3001-6000 sq. ft. $150.00
- Businesses of 6000-9000 sq. ft. $200.00
- Businesses of 9001-12000 sq. ft. $250.00
- Businesses of 12001 sq. ft. or more $300.00
- Tents $50.00
- Canopy or group of canopies with an area up to 400 sq. ft. ---
- Canopies or groups of canopies with an area exceeding 400 sq. ft. $50.00
- Fire Permits $10.00
To schedule a fire inspection or to make an appointment with the Fire Marshal or Inspector, please email the [bot protected email address] or call (505) 955-3310.
Our Fire Inspectors have tested and received International Code Council (ICC) Fire Inspector 1 certification.