Audit Committee Members
Cristina Mulcahy, Vice Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
Al Castillo, Member, email@example.com
Adolfo Montoya, Member, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Audit Committee, an independent advisory committee, pursuant to the city of Santa Fe Municipal Charter.
The purpose of the audit committee is to provide an independent body to review such internal and external audits, assessments and investigations of the city's finances and financial systems as may be conducted from time to time and to advise the city manager, the finance committee and the governing body regarding such audits, assessments and investigations, and to recommend the adoption of policies and procedures with respect thereto as will promote the transparency, accountability, efficiency and effectiveness of city government for the citizens of Santa Fe.
The Audit Committee shall:
- Participate in the selection of the internal auditor, of any independent contractor charged with performing any internal audit functions for the city, and of any external auditors;
- Review and recommend for approval by the finance committee any internal audit plan proposed by the internal auditor or any contractor performing internal audit functions for the city, and any modifications thereto;
- Independently review all internal and external audits, assessments and investigations of the city as may be conducted from time to time, including audits and reviews conducted by federal and state agencies and make recommendations to the city manager, the finance committee and the governing body regarding actions which may be necessary or appropriate in light of any findings, corrective action plans or issues identified in such audits, assessments or investigations;
- Review and make recommendations to the finance committee regarding the city's comprehensive annual financial report;
- Assure that all audits certify that they conform to generally accepted governmental auditing standards;
- Assure that the internal audit functions are independent in accordance with generally accepted governmental auditing standards, whether performed by city staff or outside contractors, or any combination thereof;
- Receive a presentation of and review the city's financial reports, periodically, but not less than twice per fiscal year;
- Advise, review and make recommendations for other matters as requested by the city manager, the finance committee or governing body.
SCHEDULE OF MEETINGS
Audit Committee meetings are generally held quarterly via Zoom. Meetings times and variations are noted below. These meetings are open to the public pursuant to the Open Meetings Act.
2019 2020 2021
December 4, 2019 March 4, 2020 March 31, 2021
September 11, 2019 September 2, 2020 June 23, 2021
August 7, 2019 November 4, 2020
July 10, 2019
Internal Audit Reports
External Annual Audit Reports
Meeting Agendas and Packets
For meeting agendas and packets visit https://santafe.primegov.com/public/portal