Election - March 6, 2018 Regular Municipal Election
MARCH 6, 2018 REGULAR MUNICIPAL ELECTION
The City of Santa Fe will hold a regular municipal election on Tuesday, March 6, 2018 for the purpose of electing:
A. One Mayor at-large to a four-year term;
B. One City Councilor from District 1 to a four-year term;
C. One City Councilor from District 2 to a four-year term;
D. One City Councilor from District 3 to a four-year term;
E. One City Councilor from District 4 to a four-year term.
CLOSE OF REGISTRATION BOOKS
All persons desiring to vote in the March 6, 2018 regular municipal election must be registered in the City of Santa Fe. The Santa Fe County Clerk will close the registration books for the election on Tuesday, February 6, 2018. Persons residing within the city limits may register to vote at the following locations no later than Tuesday, February 6, 2018:
1) County Bureau of Elections Office, 102 Grant Avenue
2) City Clerk's Office, Room 215, City Hall, 200 Lincoln Avenue
3) City of Santa Fe Main Library, 145 Washington Avenue
4) City of Santa Fe La Farge Library, 1730 Llano
5) City of Santa Fe Southside Library, 6599 Jaguar Drive
6) State Motor Vehicle Division Field Office, 2546 Camino Entrada
7) Motor Vehicle Express, 850 St. Michael's Drive
8) Santa Fe Community College, 6401 Richard's Avenue
9) To register on line, click HERE
Absentee voting by mail will begin on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 and close at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 2, 2018. Absentee ballots may be cast in person beginning on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 until 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 2, 2018. Absentee voting will be conducted in the office of the City Clerk, during the regular business hours and days of business, Monday through Friday. Applications for absentee ballots may be obtained only from the Office of the City Clerk. All applications for absentee ballots must be completed and accepted by the City Clerk prior to 5:00 p.m., Friday, March 2, 2018. After 5:00 p.m. on March 2, 2018 all unused absentee ballots will be publicly destroyed by the City Clerk. The City Clerk will accept completed absentee ballots delivered by mail, or in person by the voter casting the absentee ballot, their caregiver or the voter's immediate family, until 7:00 p.m. on March 6, 2018.
An application for an absentee ballot may be obtained from the office of the City Clerk or by clicking HERE to download the application. Listed below are the physical address, mailing address and phone numbers for the City Clerk's office:
200 Lincoln Avenue, City Hall, Room 215,
Santa Fe, NM 87501
P.O. Box 909, Santa Fe, NM 87504
Early Voting will be conducted in the office of the City Clerk, during the regular hours and days of business, Monday through Friday. Early voting will begin at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 and close at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 2, 2018.
Early Voting will aso be conducted at the Genoveva Chavez Community Center, 3221 Rodeo Road and will begin at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 and close at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 2, 2018. Early voting at this location, will be held Tuesday through Saturday during the early voting period from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., except on Friday, March 2, 2018, voting shall close at 5:00 p.m.
All applications for early voting ballots must be completed and accepted by 5:00 p.m., Friday, March 2, 2018. After 5:00 p.m. on March 2, 2018 all unused early voting ballots will be publicly destroyed.
VOTING CONVENIENCE CENTERS
All voting precincts within the four (4) City Council districts shall be consolidated into Voting Convenience Centers. Any qualified voter within the municipal limits of the City of Santa Fe may vote at any one of the following Voting Convenience Centers, between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. on March 6, 2018:
1. Montezuma Lodge, 431 Paseo de Peralta
2. Gonzales Communit School, 851 W. Alameda
3. Salazar Elementary School, 1231 Apache Avenue
4. Atalaya Elementary School, 721 Camino Cabra
5. St. John's United Methodist Church, 1200 Old Pecos Trail
6. Christian Life Church, 121 Siringo Road
7. Nina Otero Community School, 5901 Herrera Drive
8. Sweeney Elementary School, 4100 S. Meadows Road
9. Southside Library, 6599 Jaguar Drive
10. Nava Elementary School, 2655 Siringo Road
11. Kearny Elementary School, 901 Avenida de las Campanas
12. Genoveva Chavez Community Center, 3221 Rodeo Road
Find more information at the links below:
- Candidate Contact Information
- Election Resolutions
- District and Precinct Map
- General Information
- Press Releases
- Candidates in Ballot Position Order
- Absentee Ballot Application
Free Parking for Absentee and Early Voting at the City Clerk's Office will be available at the Santa Fe Community Convention Center's underground parking garage. Voters are asked to present their parking ticket at the City Clerk's office for validation.
Three (3) hooded parking spaces, on the west side of Lincoln Avenue, will also be available for Absentee and Early Voting.