The City of Santa Fe continues to adapt and modify procedures with the goal of minimizing interpersonal contact and reducing the spread of COVID-19, all while continuing to deliver essential services. Effective May 18, 2020, the following Santa Fe Municipal Court procedures will be implemented until further notice as part of our response to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
The Santa Fe Municipal Court will conduct all hearings telephonically or by video until further notice.
If you have an upcoming arraignment please call (505) 955-5070 to set up a telephonic hearing. Please leave a message as the Court does have staff on a reduced schedule answering calls and returning voicemails and emails.
If you have an upcoming pre-trial conference please see the contact information below:
- If you have been charged with a jailable offense such as Careless Driving, DWI, etc. AND you are represented by the Public Defender, please call David Thomas at (505) 955-6052 before the date of your hearing.
- If you have been charged with a jailable offense such as Careless Driving, DWI, etc. AND you want to apply for the Public Defender, please call Cindy Hagman at (505) 955-5108 before the date of your hearing.
- If you have been charged with a jailable offense such as Careless Driving, DWI, etc. AND you want to represent yourself, please call City Prosecutor Kyle Hibner at (505) 955-5195 before the date of your hearing.
- If you have a private defense attorney please contact them.
The Santa Fe Municipal Court is allowing the public to enter the courthouse on a limited basis of no more than 15 people at a time.
All persons entering the Santa Fe Municipal Court will be asked the following questions as part of a screening process for COVID-19:
- Have you traveled in the past 14 days to any areas of the world where there has been an outbreak of COVID-19 or a quarantine?
- Have you been contacted by the CDC, your local department of health and /or placed under self-quarantine for COVID-19 for any reason?
- Have you been experiencing any of the following symptoms? Fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, recent loss of taste or smell
- Have you had close association with anyone who currently has an infectious illness or is under quarantine?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 or are awaiting results for COVID-19?
In addition, all persons entering the Santa Fe Municipal Court will have their temperatures taken by a non-contact thermometer. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be allowed into the courthouse.
All persons entering the Santa Fe Municipal Court must wear appropriate face coverings and follow social distancing guidelines.
The Santa Fe Municipal Court will provide masks, along with stations for hand sanitizing and washing.
Court ordered payments can be made online at www.citepayusa.com . To access a case, must have the exact court case number or the citation number, as well as their date of birth. The service provider will charge a fee of 5.95% of the fines or fees for the service.
Court required documentation (Community Service, Defensive Driving, Insurance, Registration, etc.) can be submitted to the following email: [bot protected email address]. Please include your contact information and case/citation number.
The Court does have a small drop box near the front door for documentation or payments dropped off in person. The Court is checking the drop box daily.
Santa Fe Municipal Court encourages Defendants and Attorneys to fax file at (505) 955-5159.
We thank everyone for their flexibility and cooperation during these extraordinary times.
If your name is not on this docket or to verify any docket changes, please call Municipal Court at (505) 955-5070.
Please refer to our General Court Information page for reference to court policies and decorum.