City Council Packet March 9, 2016
REGULAR MEETING OF THE GOVERNING BODY
March 9, 2016
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS
AFTERNOON SESSION – 5:00 P.M.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. SALUTE TO THE NEW MEXICO FLAG
5. ROLL CALL
6. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
7. APPROVAL OF CONSENT CALENDAR
8. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: Reg. City Council Meeting – February 24, 2016 Item 8
(a) City of Santa Fe 2008 Parks Bond Special Audit by Marty Mathisen, Atkinson and Company, for the
State Auditor’s Office. (Liza Kerr) Item 9-a
10. ORGANIZATIONAL SESSION
11. CONSENT CALENDAR
(a) Report on 2016 New Mexico State Legislative Session. (Informational Only) (Mark Duran) Item 11-a
(b) Request for Approval of Findings of Fact and Conclusions of Law for Case #2016-07, Appeal by Jennifer
Day from the January 12, 2016 Decision of the Historic Districts Review Board in Case #H-15-106 Which
Denied the Exception Request to Apply Green Stucco to the Residence Located at 1244 Camino de Cruz
Blanca in the Historic Review Historic District. (Theresa Gheen) Item 11-b
12. Request for Approval of a Four Year Professional Services Agreement with Outside In Productions for the
Summer Bandstand Series in the Amount of $59,359 per Year for a Total of $237,436.
(Debra Garcia y Griego) Item 12
13. MATTERS FROM THE CITY MANAGER
14. MATTERS FROM THE CITY ATTORNEY
In Accordance with the New Mexico Open Meetings Act §§10-15-1(H)(7) and (8) NMSA 1978, Discussion Regarding Threatened or Pending Litigation in Which the City of Santa Fe is a Participant, Including, without Limitation, Pending Matters Relating to the Market Station Condominium, Buckman Direct Diversion Cost-Sharing with Santa Fe County and Water Resources Agreement Mediation with Santa Fe County; and Discussion of the Purchase, Acquisition or Disposal of Real Property or Water Rights by the City of Santa Fe. (Kelley Brennan)
15. Request for Approval of Buckman Direct Diversion Cost-Sharing Agreement with Santa Fe County.
16. MATTERS FROM THE CITY CLERK
Canvass of Election Results – March 1, 2016 Regular Municipal Election. Item 16
17. COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE GOVERNING BODY
EVENING SESSION – 7:00 P.M.
A. CALL TO ORDER
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
C. SALUTE TO THE NEW MEXICO FLAG
E. ROLL CALL
F. PETITIONS FROM THE FLOOR
• Occupancy Tax Advisory Board
• Mayor’s Youth Advisory Board
• Children and Youth Commission
• Veterans Advisory Board
• Airport Advisory Board
• Santa Fe Film Commission
H. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1) CONSIDERATION OF BILL NO. 2016-9: ADOPTION OF ORDINANCE NO. 2016-___. (Councilor Lindell,
Councilor Dominguez, Councilor Trujillo and Councilor Rivera)
An Ordinance Authorizing the Execution and Delivery of a Water Project Fund Loan/Grant Agreement by and Among the New Mexico Water Trust Board (“Water Trust Board”) and the New Mexico Finance Authority (“Finance Authority”), and Collectively With the Water Trust Board, the (“Lenders/Grantors”) and the City of Santa Fe the “Borrower/Grantee”), in the Total Amount of $150,000, Evidencing an Obligation of the Borrower/Grantee to Utilize the Loan/Grant Amount Solely for the Purpose of Financing the Costs of Watershed Restoration and Management, and Solely in the Manner Described in the Loan/Grant Agreement; Providing for Payment of the Loan Amount and an Administrative Fee Solely from Net System Revenues of the Water Management Fund; Certifying that the Loan/Grant Amount, Together with other Funds Available to the Borrower/Grantee, is Sufficient to Complete the Project; Approving the Form of and Other Details Concerning the Loan/Grant Agreement; Ratifying Actions Heretofore Taken; Repealing all Action Inconsistent with this Resolution; and Authorizing the Taking of other Actions in Connection with the Execution and Delivery of the Loan/Grant Agreement. (Alan Hook) Item H-1
2) Request from Meow Wolf for a Waiver of the 300 Foot Location Restriction to Allow the Dispensing/Sale of
Alcoholic Beverages at Meow Wolf, 1352 Rufina Circle Which is Within 300 Feet of La Petite Academy,
1361 Rufina Circle; the Request is for the following Special Events: (Yolanda Y. Vigil)
• March 17, 2016 – Grand Opening (Private Event) – 6:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
• March 18, 2016 – Grand Opening – 6:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
• March 19, 2016 – Handsome Family – 6:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
• March 20, 2016 – Sassmouth – 6:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
• March 23, 2016 – CocoRosie – 6:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
• March 24, 2016 – CocoRosie – 6:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
• March 25, 2016 – Local Showcase – 6:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
• March 26, 2016 – Local Showcase – 6:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
3) CONSIDERATION OF RESOLUTION NO. 2016-___:
Case #2015-57. Gerhart Apartments General Plan Amendment. Scott Hoeft of Santa Fe Planning Group, Agent for Storm River LLC Requests Approval of a General Plan Future Land Use Map Amendment to Change the Designation of 11.83± Acres of Land from Low Density Residential (1-3 Dwelling Units Per Acre) to High Density Residential (12-29 Dwelling Units Per Acre). The Property is Located at 2800 South Meadows Road. (Donna Wynant) (Motion for Reconsideration Approved at the February 10, 2016 Meeting of the Governing Body – Public Hearing) Item H(3) and H(4)
4) CONSIDERATION OF BILL NO. 2015-38: ADOPTION OF ORDINANCE NO. 2016-___.
Case #2015-58. Gerhart Apartments Rezoning. Scott Hoeft of Santa Fe Planning Group, Agent for Storm River LLC, Requests Rezoning Approval of 11.83± Acres of Land from R-1 (Residential, 1 Dwelling Units Per Acre) to R-21 (Residential, 21 Dwelling Units Per Acre). The Property is Located at 2800 South Meadows Road. (Donna Wynant) (Motion for Reconsideration Approved at the February 10, 2016 Meeting of the Governing Body – Public Hearing) Item H(3) and H(4)
5) Request for Approval of Findings of Fact and Conclusions of Law for Gerhart Apartments from
December 9, 2015 Meeting of the Governing Body. (Kelley Brennan)
a) Case No. 2015-57. Gerhart Apartments General Plan Amendment.
b) Case No. 2015-58. Gerhart Apartments Rezoning to R-21.
(Postponed at February 10, 2016 Meeting of the Governing Body – If Items H(3) and (4) Above are
Approved, Supplemental Findings of Fact and Conclusions of Law Will be Prepared for a Future
Meeting of the Governing Body) Item H-5
Pursuant to the Governing Body Procedural Rules, in the event any agenda items have not been addressed, the meeting should be reconvened at 7:00 p.m., the following day and shall be adjourned not later than 12:00 a.m. Agenda items, not considered prior to 11:30 p.m., shall be considered when the meeting is reconvened or tabled for a subsequent meeting.
NOTE: New Mexico law requires the following administrative procedures be followed when conducting “quasi-judicial” hearings. In a “quasi-judicial” hearing all witnesses must be sworn in, under oath, prior to testimony and will be subject to reasonable cross-examination. Witnesses have the right to have an attorney present at the hearing.
Persons with disabilities in need of accommodations, contact the City Clerk’s office at 955-6521, five (5) working days prior to meeting date.