Call for Commissioners (English)
NOW accepting applications!
City of Santa Fe Arts and Culture Department
Seeks Arts Commissioners Dedicated to Cultural Equity and Inclusion
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO FEBRUARY 1, 2022, 5pm MST via Survey Monkey
The Santa Fe Arts Commission is a nine-member volunteer advisory board of the City Council and through its various programs and projects advises the City Council on such issues as contract recommendations, public art projects and the arts in Santa Fe. The Cultural Investment Funding Program (grants for arts non-profits), Community Gallery, Mayor's Recognition Awards for Excellence in the Arts, Poet Laureate, and the City Historian are also programs of the Commission.
The Commission is composed of individuals from the community who have demonstrated arts and culture expertise and involvement whether it be through avocation or employment and who actively strive for cultural equity throughout
the City. Knowledge of Santa Fe's various artists and arts organizations is vital as well as experience with financial planning and fundraising for the arts.
As the Arts Commission moves forward, the Culture Connect lens of diversity, equity, inclusion and access is integral to how the arts advance and re-imagine the new normal. Together we will continue to re-imagine a true “City Different” – a city that celebrates the role of culture in tourism and the wider economy. In that context, this disruption of our “typical” approaches to arts and cultural has created opportunity for change. Learn more about Culture Connects Roadmap here: https://www.santafenm.gov/cultural_roadmap
Members of the Arts Commission are required, when feasible especially under any current and future New Mexico State Public Health Orders:
- Volunteer positions, appointed by the Mayor and affirmed by the City Council
- Meet monthly
- Attend an annual one day retreat
- Serve on panels for public art and/or Cultural Investment Funding Program involving one to three meetings of two to four hours
- Actively fundraise to support Culture Connects Initiatives, Mayor’s Arts Awards, Youth Passport and others projects developed with the Arts Commission and Arts and Culture Department
- Other initiatives
- Legal residence in Santa Fe County is required.
- The Arts Commission currently has the following TWO vacancies with appointments anticipated to begin in March 2022. These will be mid-term appointment, first term expires October 2022.
- A term is two years of service beginning in October and limited to consecutive two terms. Each nominee is eligible for but exclusive of two consecutive terms (October to October in two year increments), not defined by years of service.
To Apply Go HERE