HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE (HHW) COLLECTION SERVICES FOR THE BUCKMAN ROAD RECYCLING AND TRANSFER STATION
See Bid/RFP documents for additional submission details.
The HHW collection services include but are not limited to, these provisions and any others agreed to during contract negotiations. Costs associated with completing the work described below shall be provided on the Cost Proposal Form (Appendix B)
At the HHW collection center, the Agency will use HHW handlers to receive, process, and store waste as necessary. The contractor will provide support services related to operating the HHW collection center and assist in training Agency staff. At least one Agency HHW handler will be present during the hours the HHW collection center is in operation. The responsibilities include:
• Receiving HHW and VSQG material as it is delivered, and rejecting unacceptable material.
• Inspecting the containers in which HHW and VSQG is delivered in for cracks or leaks.
• Examining labels of received material and determining if the labels are accurate.
• Segregating the waste by type.
• Bulking used motor oil and antifreeze.
• Bulking oil based paint and flammables.
• Packing latex paint in roll-off containers.
• Monitoring the waste volumes for transportation to a treatment, storage and/or disposal facility (TSDF).
• Notifying contractor for pickup of waste.
• Working with contractor during the loading of waste
• Signing and tracking manifest for waste shipped.
• Operating a fluorescent lamp bulb crusher.