Agua Fria/South Meadows Intersection Improvement Project
See Bid/RFP documents for additional submission details.
BACKGROUND AND SUMMARY
In 2014, it was brought to the City of Santa Fe’s attention that the streetlight at the intersection of Agua Fria and South Meadows would be severely degraded with the addition of the El Camino Real Academy.
Upon completion of the new school, the City had analyzed the intersection and found it has a LOS of F. Using Syncro, the City staff was able to find the best alternative to optimize the timing at the above-mentioned intersection. The Synchro analysis concluded that the best option at the time was to have a split phase during the morning peak time, which consisted of a green through light along with a left turn arrow on the eastbound lane. Thus, allowing several more vehicles to clear the queue.
The City is anticipating future growth in the area of Agua Fria Village, NM 599, and Airport Road. This RFP is to request further analysis of the intersection.
PROJECT OBJECTIVE & PROPOSED IMPROVEMENTS
- Conduct further engineering analysis at the location of Agua Fria / South Meadows to provide intersection improvement alternatives.
- Provide at least three alternatives for the above-mentioned project. The alternative that is the most suitable for this location will be chosen for preliminary final design and construction.
- Anticipated future growth of the area will need to be analyzed to determine the most suitable design alternative. A right-of-way feasibility review needs to be done to for potential relocations or needed takes. A final location recommendations needs to be developed, with public review.*
- Preliminary construction plans, along with right-of-way maps and taking descriptions, need to be prepared for the selected alignment and project.
- The design will be done in accordance with applicable standards set out in the AASHTO design guides and City standards
- Design and right-of-way surveys and mapping will be required to prepare construction plans and Right of Way maps.
- Permanent signing and construction detours and signing will be in accordance with the MUTCD.
- Biological, archeological and cultural resource reconnaissance, reporting and clearance as necessary will be required.
- As the project proceeds, 2 to 3 public review meetings are envisioned to permit area residents and other interested parties to gather input and review recommendations.
This project consists of preparing final design plans, specifications, estimates and construction bid documents, and may include construction management services. General improvements to the intersection may include, but are not be limited to, reconstruction of the Agua Fria / South Meadows Intersection project area; geometric and traffic capacity improvements; lighting and signalization improvements including signal interconnect; storm drainage improvements; pedestrian, bicycle and ADA improvements to include sidewalks, curb ramps and bicycle lanes; design of bus bays/lanes and permanent signing and striping. Horizontal and vertical alignments, intersection and driveway configurations, right-of-way needs, managed access, and other geometric properties of the roadway shall be evaluated.