Mission, Vision, Focus Areas
We provide leadership by and for the City to support arts and cultural affairs; we recommend policies and programs that develop and promote artistic excellence in our community.
Our vision is for a thriving, collaborative, interdisciplinary cultural community that possesses a variety of resources, spaces and pathways that support the educational, economic and creative needs of Santa Fe.
We welcome participation of artists, nonprofits, businesses, educators and the public in our work, serve as a resource to them, and are dedicated to convening and facilitating discussions that consider all viewpoints.
We are dedicated to leadership that advances the arts in Santa Fe and to serving as a true community organization, partner and collaborator.
We embrace forward-thinking policy approaches that result in innovative, imaginative, synergistic programming and create economic sustainability in our community.
We demonstrate professionalism and fairness in our work, are informed and prepared on issues affecting our community, and are diligent and culturally aware in our decision-making.
We are knowledgeable and discerning about arts and creativity in Santa Fe, remain informed of local and national trends in the arts, and actively develop our understanding of and engagement with all art forms.
Support a continuum of opportunities for youth to benefit from our community’s cultural resources.
- Ensure all students have access to in-school and/or after school arts education programs; be a resource for such programs.
- Foster the development of mentoring, internship and apprenticeship programs in the creative sector.
- Partner with youth organizations and agencies across our community.
Develop strategies that advance our community’s cultural assets for long-term viability and profitability.
- Provide stewardship of our cultural resources and responsible promotion of the Santa Fe brand.
- Coordinate efforts that market our multiple accessible arts activities to increase visitors and attract the creative industry to our community.
- Offer micro-grants to support the development of new cultural resources and nontraditional/cross-discipline activities.
- Build infrastructure and capacity to support a thriving creative economy.
Sustain spaces throughout our entire community that promote creative dialogue and exchange.
- Identify and activate a network of creative spaces throughout our community, focusing on existing and nontraditional venues.
- Support the development of authentic places across our city for people to live, work and gather both formally and informally.
- Prioritize the creative sector in community development; ensure adequate infrastructure for creativity.
- Cultivate projects and programs that activate public spaces through creativity and the arts.
Provide all Santa Feans access to and participation in the creative life of our community.
- Survey and assess the cultural needs of the community.
- Facilitate discussion and collaboration to encourage participation in the arts by everyone in the community.
- Galvanize cross-disciplinary programming that builds on existing public events and venues across our city.
- Enhance infrastructure and outreach that boost participation in arts and cultural activities.
Contact Information and Hours
Physical Address: 201 W. Marcy (map), Santa Fe, NM 87501
Mailing Address: PO Box 909, Santa Fe, NM 87504-0909
[bot protected email address]
Ph: (505) 955-6707
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Para ver esta página en español, por favor presione el botón
"Translate" que se halla en la parte superior derecha de la pantalla.