Archaeological Review Committee
Updated July 2, 2020
THE NEXT HEARING OF THE ARCHAEOLOGICAL REVIEW COMMITTEE WILL BE HELD ON July 9TH AT 3:30PM.
SPECIAL PROCEDURES FOR VIRTUAL ATTENDANCE AND PUBLIC COMMENT:
In response to the State’s declaration of a Public Health Emergency, the Mayor’s Proclamation of Emergency, and the ban on public gatherings of more than five (5) people, this meeting will be conducted virtually using Zoom.
Viewing on YouTube: Members of the public may stream the meeting live on the City of Santa Fe’s YouTube channel at
The YouTube live stream can be accessed at this address from most computers, mobile devices, and smartphones.
Attending on Zoom: Members of the public may attend the Zoom meeting on a computer, mobile device, or phone. The video conference link and teleconference number are as follows:
For the July 9th Hearing:
- Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89953779281?pwd=c3ZQbkFaQlhVRHdSQVhPelhsc04wUT09 (Password: 954246)
- Phone numbers: +1 253 215 8782 or +1 301 715 8592 (Webinar ID: 899 5377 9281)
This information will also be posted on the City of Santa Fe’s Calendar of Events website at least seventy-two (72) hours before the meeting: https://www.santafenm.gov/events.
- By video: A person attending the Zoom meeting by video conference (using a computer, mobile device, or smart phone) may provide public comment during the meeting. Attendees should use the “Raise Hand” function to be recognized by the chair to speak at the appropriate time.
- By phone: A person attending the Zoom meeting by phone may provide public comment during the meeting but must provide advance notice to City staff. Please contact Lani McCulley (505-365-3055, [bot protected email address]) no later than Monday prior to the hearing and provide your full name, address, and the phone number you will be using to call in to the teleconference. Without your phone number, the chair will not be able to recognize you to speak at the meeting.
- In writing: A person may submit written public comments in advance of the meeting by email ([bot protected email address]) or U.S. Postal Service (City of Santa Fe, ATTN: Lani McCulley, PO Box 909, Santa Fe, NM 87504-0909). Please include your full name and address, and identify the specific agenda item you are commenting on. To be included in the official record and considered at the hearing, written public comment must be received no later than the Monday prior to the hearing.
August 6th ARC Hearing:
All application materials must be submitted via email to [bot protected email address] and [bot protected email address] by the July 21st deadline. Information on virtual hearing attendance will be provided on this website.
ARCHAEOLOGICAL REVIEW COMMITTEE
The City of Santa Fe Archaeological Review Committee (ARC) hears applications for archaeological investigations, and takes final actions issuing or denying archaeological clearance permits. The ARC also approves or disqualifies individuals for inclusion on the city's list of approved archaeologists and historians.
ARC meetings are held on the first Thursday of each month (except when otherwise noted to accomodate holidays) at 4:30 pm in the City Hall Councilor's Conference Room on the first floor of City Hall, 200 Lincoln Ave. ARC meetings are public hearings at which the public is invited and encouraged to speak. ARC members are appointed by the Mayor with the consent of the Santa Fe City Council.
Committee Members Representation
David C. Eck (Chair) Archaeologist
Courtney Wands Archaeologist
James Edward Ivey Historian
Derek R. Pierce Archaeologist
Dale Zinn Business Owner
COMMUNICATION WITH ARC MEMBERS
Archaeological Review Committee meetings regarding land use development applications are quasi-judicial public hearings. It is prohibited by law to discuss or communicate in writing or by e-mail with ARC members regarding pending land use development applications prior to an ARC hearing. Members of the public are invited and encouraged to attend ARC hearings to speak about their thoughts or concerns about a specific development application. The public can also submit written comments for consideration by the ARC. Written comments must be submitted to Historic Preservation Division staff, not to ARC members directly. Send written comments to: City of Santa Fe Historic Preservation Division, P.O. Box 909, Santa Fe, NM 87504-0909 or by email to [bot protected email address].
For Archaeological Districts Overlay contact:
[bot protected email address]
2020 hearings are scheduled in the City Councilor's Conference Room on the first floor of City Hall:
ARC Hearing Information:
ARC Hearing for July 9, 2020
ARC Hearing for June 4, 2020
ARC Hearing for May 7, 2020
ARC Hearing for April 28, 2020
ARC Hearing for March 5, 2020
ARC Hearing for February 6, 2020
ARC Hearing for January 9, 2020