Environmental Services (Trash and Recycling)
Santa Fe, it’s time for A recycling upgrade!
From March 13 through March 31, new rolling blue recycling carts will be delivered to each home that receives trash cart collection in Santa Fe. As soon as you receive your cart, start using it! Set it out on your next regular collection day.
Cart Distribution Schedule: (Dates are estimated and subject to change)
- Monday-Cart delivered between 3/13-3/16
- Tuesday-Cart delivered between 3/15-3/20 (No weekend deliveries)
- Wednesday-Cart delivered between 3/20-3/23
- Thursday-Cart delivered between 3/22-3/27
- Friday-Cart delivered between 3/28-3/31
IMPORTANT DISTRIBUTION UPDATES:
- We are aware that some residents received multiple carts. The extra carts will be collected starting approximately Wednesday March 29th. Extra carts need to be curbside for pickup.
- If you haven't received your new cart by Wednesday March 29th, please call the Environmental Services Division at 505-955-2200.
What goes in the new blue cart?
Mix all accepted materials together in your cart, no bundling required! Leave materials loose, do not put in bags.
Glass is not accepted in your blue cart. Click here glass recycling information.
Recycle glass, and the materials listed and pictured above, at recycling drop-off centers provided by the City, and at the Buckman Road Recycling and Transfer Station. Recycling drop-off centers are open to everyone even if you have a cart for curbside collection.
What do I do with my bins now that I have a cart?
Once you get a new cart, start using it! Your old bins will no longer be collected, but you can use them to bring glass and other materials to the new recycling drop-off centers or recycle them in your new cart if they are broken. If the bins are still usable, but you don’t want them, bring them to the Siler Road Recycling Drop-off Center for reuse.
What’s up with the Pink Carts and how can I order one?
A limited number of Pink Carts™ were made available to cancer survivors and their family/friends. Cascade Engineering and the the City of Santa Fe have made a $5,000.00 donation to the local chapter of the American Cancer Society chapter. This funding supports the Santa Fe Making Strides Against Breast Cancer initiatives, which the City sponsors annually. Check back here in August 2017 for information on the next Pink Cart™ registration opportunity.