The City is committed to reducing our waste and increasing waste diversion and recycling. The City offers recycling collection services for both residential and commercial customers. The cost of residential recycling is included in the residential monthly fee, and there is no additional cost for recycling. The City offers a variety of commercial recycling services and the fee for service is about half the cost of waste disposal for similar types of service. Services offered include carts, rear load, and roll-off service.
Missed service? Call (505) 955-2200.
Residents can pick up recycling bins at 1142 Siler Rd. Monday through Friday or during special tabling events on the plaza or other City locations as designated and advertised by the Division.
|Number of curbside recycling customers in the City of Santa Fe:||12,350|
|Average number of households serviced each day:||2,470|
|Monthly cost of service (subject to rate increases)||included in refuse fee|
Materials recycled include
- Storage of recyclable materials prior to collection shall not create a nuisance or condition which may adversely affect public health.
- Recycling containers shall be placed on the curb at least three feet (3') from refuse containers and refuse bags.
Paper can be placed out to recycle in one of the following methods:
- loose in the mixed item container with items on top of the paper,
- Bundled with twine or tape or
- Placed in a paper bag
- Electronic waste can be recycled at the Buckman Rd. Recycling and Transfer Station located at 2600 Buckman Rd.