Parking News and Announcements
Trade your Cash Key for a New Smart Card
Do you have a cash key that you can no longer use at meters after the Smart Meters were installed?
Well now, you can bring your cash key to the Parking Division Offices and trade for a New Smart Card. These Smart Cards can be used at any of the Smart Meters however at this time they do not work at our Pay and Display Machines.
Come visit our offices and we will gladly check your cash key for any remaining balance and transfer that balance to your New Smart Card. If you do not have a cash key you, can still get a Smart Card.
- Smart Cards are Avaliable at our Parking Division Offices (500 Market St. Suite 200 Santa Fe, NM 87504)
- Smart Cards are rechargeable at our Parking Division Offices
- Smart Cards have a maximum balance of $100.00
City Announces Free Parking on Saturdays for Holiday Shoppers
Following conversations with the committee of small business owners, city leaders and citizens that is working on recommendations for parking in the downtown area, the City announced today that, following the guidance of that committee, the City of Santa Fe will use Economic Development funding to sponsor free parking downtown on Saturdays leading up to the Christmas holiday.
The meters will be bagged each Saturday.
Mayor Gonzales said, “This is a small thing that makes a big difference, and we’re happy to be supportive of the work of this group of downtown businesses and the rest of the committee working on parking issues downtown by following their recommendation not only to extend this program, but to use Economic Development funds to sponsor it. Now it’s up to Santa Fe to get out and shop local this holiday season!”
Mayor Pro Tem Signe Lindell said, “Free parking on Saturdays leading up to Christmas has become quite a tradition, so we love to see it continue under city sponsorship moving forward, and we hope it helps ensure a strong season for our local businesses.”
Councilor Renee Villarreal said, "The free Saturday parking is a great incentive to support local businesses downtown over the holidays and also enjoy the festive plaza tree lights."
- FREE PARKING ON SATURDAYS IN DECEMBER FOR METERS ONLY, THIS PROMOTION DOES NOT APPLY TO PARKING LOTS AND GARAGES.
- FIRST 2 HOURS ARE FREE OF CHARGE, PARKERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO ABIDE BY THE TWO-HOUR LIMIT AT THE METERS SO THAT OTHERS CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE FREE PARKING SESSION AS WELL.
- FREE PARKING IS BEING OFFERED AT ALL ON-STREET METERS INCLUDING THE RAILYARD AND FARMERS MARKET AREAS.
- PLEASE BE ADVISED:
- ALL RESTRICTED PARKING ZONES (LOADING ZONES, ADA SPACES, NO PARKING & RESIDENTIAL ZONES) WILL BE ENFORCED AS NORMAL.
Out with the Old, in with the New Santa Fe!
The City of Santa Fe Parking Division is excited to share the news of installation of Smart Meters. Parking Crews are replacing more than 1,000 meters in the Downtown and Railyard Areas as of September 21st, 2016.
Parking crews have started the work to replace every meter in Downtown and the Railyard with credit card-capable smart meters.
One piece of a parking system overhaul that will include improved wayfinding, better management of citations, revenue and billing systems, mobile capabilities, and more convenient systems in City garages, among other things.
In time you'll be able to pay from your phone, add time remotely, and use a mobile app to find open spots.
Work should be wrapped in just a few short weeks. For additional questions or to inquire about parking passes and other options, call the Parking Division at (505) 955-6581.
Here is what the new merters look like: