Senior Services activities are open to anyone age 60 or over with a Senior membership card. Activities are free of charge except for Bingo and some art classes where seniors purchase their own supplies. All activities are held at City of Santa Fe Senior Centers with the exception of some dances at the Fraternal Order of Eagles Club. Activities include:
For more information about Senior Activities email or call Christine Sanchez-Warren, 955-4715 or Cristina Villa, 955-4725.
- Free Regularly scheduled fitness classes - chair aerobics, Dahn Yoga, line dancing, martial arts, Tai Chi, walking, Zumba, etc.
- Fitness rooms for unsupervised use of fitness equipment
- Art classes - art technique, tin work, painting, drawing, ceramics, straw applique, woodcarving, quilting, knitting, sewing, jewelry making, etc.
- Lectures and workshops
- Bingo - Monday through Friday
- Cards - scheduled bridge games and other card games at various times
- Billiards at three senior centers
- Dances and live music
- Sing-alongs in English and Spanish
- Special events - Senior Centers host craft/bake sales, cookouts, birthday celebrations, holiday events, information sessions, legal seminars, town hall meetings, etc.
Senior Center Meetings
The Villa Consuelo, Luisa, Pasatiempo and Ventana de Vida Senior Centers hold regular monthly meetings that are open to all seniors. Interested seniors are invited to participate in the meetings to help select and plan activities and special events at the centers. For more information call or email Christine Sanchez-Warren, 955-4715 or Cristina Villa, 955-4725.
Travel - day trips and extended travel
Senior Services staff work with the volunteer Travel Committee to plan and organize trips for seniors. Seniors have taken day trips to local events and attractions including the New Mexico State Fair and to performances at Popejoy Hall in Albuquerque. Seniors have also traveled to Washington, DC, Laughlin, NV, Cripple Creek, CO and Branson, MO. Proceeds from the trips revert to the Division of Senior Services to strengthen and maintain other senior programs. For more information about travel email or call Lugi Gonzales, 955-4711.
Return to Senior Services Division page