Sewer Utility Development
The Utility Development Section of the Wastewater Management Division is responsible for:
- Reviewing and approving engineering plans for all sewers constructed within the City of Santa Fe for sewers outside of City limits which connect to the City's sewer system.
- Reviewing building permit applications for commercial, industrial and multi-family residential development.
- Designing and providing construction management for sewer rehabilitation and new sewer interceptor projects.
- Providing quality assurance and quality control of public sanitary sewer infrastructure being constructed by development for acceptance by the City.
- Managing wastewater treatment plant improvement projects.
- Administering professional service contracts.
- Administering state grants for sanitary sewer projects.
- Updating sanitary sewer maps and associated databases, and ensuring compatibility of this data with the City's Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Updating and enforcing the City's Sewer Ordinance (chapter 22 of the City Code).
- Updating design and construction standards for sanitary sewer construction.
- Managing the Industrial Pretreatment Program. The industrial pretreatment program's main objective is to prevent wastewater from entering the sanitary sewer system from its source that will be harmful to the wastewater treatment plant or the Santa Fe River.
- Regulating the disposal of industrial wastewater into the sanitary wastewater collection system.
- Protecting the physical structures and the safety of operation and maintenance personnel of the wastewater system (collection and treatment).
- Protecting the health and safety of the public and the environment.
- Complying with pretreatment regulations as required under the Federal General Pretreatment Regulations and Categorical Standards and local source control ordinances.
You should contact Utility Development if:
- You are planning a development (from a single house, to subdivision, to a commercial center) and need to know the requirements for connection to sewer.
- You want to connect an existing house to sewer to abandon a septic tank.
- You want to know what's going on with a City construction project involving sanitary sewer.
City of Santa Fe
Large Diameter Sanitary Sewer Rehabilitation
Pipebursting replacement on Airport Rd.
City of Santa Fe
Small Diameter Sanitary Sewer Rehabilitation