Santa Fe is not only home to the usual list of commercial banks, savings, and loans and credit unions, but is also one of the Nation’s most active markets for both private and governmental venture capital investments.
The following resources provide information about financial institutions and organizations:
- Local banks - A listing of the major banks operating in Santa Fe, maintained by the Santa Fe Chamber of Commerce
- New Mexico Private Investors - Also known as the New Mexico Angels, this is a group of private investors and venture capital firms, which work together to invest primarily in technology-based companies.
- State Investment Council - New Mexico’s active state government makes equity investments into venture capital funds as well as directly into some qualified companies.
- ACCION New Mexico - ACCION is an award-winning, non-profit organization that makes up to $50,000 loans to entrepreneurs and also provides lines of credit.
- Enchantment Land Certified Development Co. - This SBA lender works with small local businesses ranging from restaurants to manufacturers and is an active SBA 504 lender.
- WESST Corp. - WESST Corp. focuses on providing start-up financing to women- and minority-owned businesses.
- New Mexico Community Development Loan Fund - This non-profit organization provides loans, training, and business consulting to entrepreneurs.
- North Central New Mexico Economic Development District - This association of local governments and other organizations encourages regional cooperation on economic development issues and maintains a revolving loan fund.