From financing to market research, Santa Fe and New Mexico have plenty of private and government organizations that help businesses tackle difficult issues.
The following websites provide information for businesses needing special assistance:
- Santa Fe Economic Development Inc. - SFEDI helps to fulfill the City’s economic development goals by working with local and relocating small businesses to help them succeed in Santa Fe.
- Santa Fe Business Incubator - Santa Fe is the home of one of the finest business incubators in the nation. Companies ranging from venture capital and tax preparation firms to solar energy companies have gotten their start with the assistance of the SFBI.
- Bureau of Business and Economic Research (BBER), University of New Mexico - This research agency within the State’s largest university has a wealth of information on all aspects of the State’s economy and labor market. It also provides custom research to businesses and organizations that need special insight into certain aspects of New Mexico’s economic climate.
- New Mexico Small Business Development Center - The Small Business Development Center at Santa Fe Community College offers businesses with assistance in everything from general business planning to international trade.
- SCORE - Santa Fe and Northern New Mexico’s active SCORE chapter helps local businesses by providing counseling throughout the business process. SCORE counselors provide free and confidential sessions, specialized counseling, email counseling, and free workshops.
- New Mexico Small Business Assistance Program - Administered by the prestigious Sandia National Laboratory, this program provides free technical and business assistance to companies with 500 or fewer employees.
- New Mexico Manufacturing Extension Partnership - This partnership provides technical assistance to small and mid-sized manufacturers.
- Technology Ventures Corporation - This well-known and highly respected organization specializes in helping entrepreneurs bring new technologies to market.
- Creative Santa Fe - As a non-profit organization, Creative Santa Fe acts as an intermediary. The organization brings together diverse constituencies to increase awareness and involvement, to design new initiatives, and to strengthen existing and new institutions. As a facilitator supporting the growth of the overall arts and cultural industries, Creative Santa Fe will provide leadership and communication to catalyze effective practices in the field.
- WESST Corp - Provides hands-on business skills training programs, one-on-one consultations and loan assistance to entrepreneurs who are starting and growing businesses. Since 1995, the Santa Fe office has served hundreds of individuals throughout Northern New Mexico. WESST Corp enjoys a reputation of being a grassroots organization that understands the changing business development needs of clients and the marketplace.