Excellence in Education
Education is important to Santa Fe and its citizens. State lottery scholarships help ensure that every New Mexican who wants a college education has the opportunity to get it at one of numerous state schools. Local private universities build national reputations for excellence in their fields.
- St. John's College - St. John's is a world-renowned, liberal-arts college, best known for its studies of the classic books of world history.
- Institute of American Indian Arts - The IAIA is a four-year, fine-arts college that helps preserve Santa Fe’s place as the international center for American Indian arts. It is home to the largest Native American arts market in the world.
- Southwestern College - Southwestern provides graduate programs in counseling and art therapy.
- Santa Fe University of Art and Design - The Santa Fe University of Art and Design offers bachelor’s and master’s degrees in studio arts, bachelor's of arts in creative writing and literature, moving image arts (film/video), contemporary music, photography, theatre design and theatre performance and bachelor's of fine arts in graphic design and theatre as well as master's of arts in education. They also allow for self-designed majors within these areas.
- New Mexican Highlands University - This state university provides undergraduate and graduate programs in business, sciences, education, and other fields from its campuses in Santa Fe and Rio Rancho.
- Santa Fe Community College - For more than 20 years, Santa Fe Community College has been a source of education for thousands of Central New Mexicans. The school maintains academic departments in Business and Technology, Health and Sciences, Liberal and Fine Arts, and Educational Leadership.
- University of Phoenix - The University of Phoenix provides undergraduate and graduate programs geared toward working professionals.