City of Santa Fe Resolution No. 2004-21, approved and adopted by the governing body on April 28, 2004, provides for up to six juried arts and crafts shows to be presented in Cathedral Park. The City of Santa Fe is currently accepting applications from nonprofit arts organizations interested in presenting up to three arts and craft shows during 2014. The deadline for applications is 5 PM on Friday, October 4, 2013. Please note this is a receipt deadline, NOT a postmark deadline.
To be eligible to apply, organizations must:
Requirements and Conditions
- Have an IRS-granted nonprofit status; and
- Demonstrated experience organizing outdoor arts and crafts shows on City of Santa Fe property, featuring Santa Fe area artists.
Per the resolution, use of Cathedral Park for arts and crafts show is subject to the following conditions:
- The total number of shows is limited to no more than six (6) per calendar year;
- Shows may be scheduled on Saturdays and Sundays as well as the Monday of Memorial Day weekend only, between the hours of 10 AM and 5 PM;
- All shows must be juried;
- Shows shall be limited to 30 booths;
- No music or amplification is permitted;
- Exhibitors are not permitted to park in the Cathedral parking lot during the shows; and
- Show sponsors must provide sufficient restroom facilities that are unobtrusive and not highly-visible for all scheduled shows.
Selected organizations will be solely responsible for presentation of the show(s). Organizations must comply with all applicable licensing, permitting and insurance requirements of the City of Santa Fe and other agencies.
A selection committee consisting of representatives of the Convention & Visitor’s Bureau, Finance Department and Parks Division shall be appointed to review all eligible applications according to the “Selection Criteria.” The committee’s recommendations will be submitted to the City Manager for approval. At its discretion, the City reserves the right to alter the membership and size of the committee.
Ability of organization to:
- 25% Ensure overall quality of arts and crafts products based on current and past jury process for participating artists;
- 25% Provide for an unbiased jury process and criteria to judge artistic quality and other stated criteria;
- 25% Work with artists to set-up an attractive show (based on past shows); and
- 25% Meet City of Santa Fe requirements and work with neighboring property owners (based on past experience).
The following materials must be received by the deadline. The city reserves the right to deem incomplete submissions which are ineligible.
Letter of Interest
(2 page max.): The letter should explain the organization’s interest and experience in presenting arts and crafts shows. Applicants should specifically address the selection criteria in their letters.
(1 page max.): Applicants must identify up to three proposed date as well as up to three proposed alternate dates. All dates are subject to approval by the City of Santa Fe and the Archdiocese of Santa Fe.
Please note: Date assignments will be based on historical usage (i.e. Organizations with a history of presenting shows on certain dates will be given first consideration for those same dates in 2014.) This is to allow organizations to continue attracting their existing audience and avoid consumer confusion. New organizations are encouraged to establish their own regular pattern of dates to the same end.
Process and Selection Criteria for Jurying Participants
: (2 page max.): Outline of process and criteria for jurying artists (2 page max.)
: Images of artwork included in shows within the past two calendar years (15 max.)
: Images of past shows organized and presented by the applicant within the past two calendar years (5 max.)
: Letters of reference from artists, neighboring property owners, etc., demonstrating the organizations qualifications. Letters must include the author’s full name, professional affiliation and full contact information. Letters from individuals who are employees or board members of the applicant will not be accepted. (3 letters max. 2 page max. per letter.)
IRS Exemption Letter
Application materials will not be returned. Please do not submit original materials or samples. Incomplete applications may be deemed ineligible.
Submissions must be mailed or delivered by Friday, October 4, 2012: City of Santa Fe Arts Commission, PO Box 909, Santa Fe, NM 87504-909, Attention: Cathedral Park Arts & Crafts shows.
If using a third party carrier (UPS, FED-EX, etc.) or hand delivering a submission, please deliver to: City of Santa Fe Arts Commission, 200 West Marcy, Santa Fe, NM 87501
Deadline for Submission October 4, 2013
Selection Notice October 31, 2013
Questions regarding this opportunity may be directed to:
Debra Garcia y Griego / City of Santa Fe Arts Commission
degarcia @santafenm.gov / 505-955-6707
PO Box 909, Santa Fe, NM 87504-0909