Clothes Washer Rebate
for a tier 3 high-efficiency clothes washer when replacing an existing front-loader or...
for a tier 3 high-efficiency clothes washer when replacing an existing top-loader
Look for our displays at local retailers. If you purchase a clothes washer from a retailer that is not on our list, read and understand the terms and conditions before you have your new machine delivered.
Please note: Our programs offer rebates for the retrofit of efficient technologies, and does not apply to purchases for new homes or new construction and development. To qualify, all appliances and fixtures must be purchased after May 1, 2011, and applicants must be a water customer of Sangre de Cristo Water with an account in their name at the service address where the appliance or fixture is installed and at time of purchase. Master metered customers see Rebate Program Requirements for HOAs and Condo Boards. Our rebates are offered on a first come, first served basis, based on a complete, signed application with all the required documentation and will function as long as allocated funds permit.
Terms and conditions apply
High-Efficiency Clothes Washer
Sangre de Cristo Water is offering customers (residential and commercial) a $150 or $350 rebate for purchasing a new tier 3 high-efficiency clothes washer.
Clothes washing is the second largest water user in most households with an estimated 7 loads per week. Buying a High-Efficiency Clothes Washer
saves soap, wear and tear on clothing, drying time, energy, money, and even better SAVES WATER! Your next clothes washer purchase will have an enormous effect on the amount of water you will use or save over the next 10 years.
In addition to saving water, high-efficiency clothes washers save energy. A tier 3 level washer is estimated to save 393 kWh per year. The CEE clothes washer specification is summarized below. The federal standard and ENERGY STAR level are included as well. For full CEE specification details
, see the CEE web site.
What are water factors and tier 3?
Water factor indicates the number of gallons of water needed for each cubic foot of laundry. A lower number indicates lower consumption and a more efficient use of water. Tier 3 clothes washers use less than 15 gallons per load compared to typical top-loading models that use 40 or more gallons per full load and use 25 percent less water than a tier 2 model and 40 percent less than a tier 1 model. For more information on the Water Efficiency Standards, visit www.cee1.org
Tier 3 water efficient clothes washers:
- save energy
- save wear and tear on clothing; are gentle on your clothes so they last longer
- save drying time; have higher spin speeds so clothes will be drier resulting in less energy required to finish the drying process
- save soap; have a better washing action (they clean clothes with less detergent)
- save water
How to Participate
To qualify you must:
- be a water customer of Sangre de Cristo Water with an account in your name at the service address where the machine is installed and at time of purchase
- install the rebated item at the service address
- not have received a previous clothes washer rebate from Sangre de Cristo Water
- not have purchased clothes washer for a new home or new construction and development
- purchase a new tier 3 high-efficiency clothes washer as determined by the Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) after May 1, 2011
- replace an existing top-loading, high water use clothes washer and allow dealer to pick up old machine for recycling to receive $350 rebate, or
- replace an existing front-loading, high-efficiency clothes washer and allow dealer to pick up old machine for recycling to receive $150 rebate
- include the model and serial number of the old machine on the application and have the delivery driver sign the application when it is picked up for recycling to qualify for the $350 rebate
Not all high-efficiency clothes washers qualify for a rebate. Used, leased, rented, or reconditioned clothes washers do not qualify for a rebate. It is your responsibility to ensure that the machine you are buying qualifies for the rebate. Only tier 3 models on the current CEE clothes washer qualifying product list
are eligible. To confirm which clothes washers qualify for the rebate, look for our rebate displays at local retailers, or download a qualifying product list
How to claim your rebate
To claim your rebate you will need to:
- read and accept the terms and conditions
- complete the clothes washer rebate application form
- attach the original receipt for the clothes washer (please note, photocopies are not accepted)
- send your completed application form and original receipt within 90 days of purchase to:
Sangre de Cristo Water
Clothes Washer Rebate
PO Box 909
Santa Fe, NM 87504-0909
Please note: Applicant is not eligible for clothes washer rebate if he/she received a previous clothes washer rebate from Sangre de Cristo Water, purchased clothes washer for a new home or new construction and development, and is not a water customer of Sangre de Cristo Water with an account in their name at the service address where the clothes washer is installed and at time of purchase.