The purpose of Terrain and Stormwater Mangement is to protect, maintain and enhance the health, safety, and general welfare of the citizens and natural environment of the City. Considerations shall be used during the design and planning process for all proposed developments:
To download the full Terrain Managment Section of the Santa Fe Land Development Code please click here.
- Ensure sound and orderly development of the natural terrain.
- Protect life and property from the dangers of flooding and the hazard of improper cuts and fills.
- Minimize erosion and sedimentation.
- Minimize destruction of the natural landscape.
- Protect the senic character of Santa Fe from the visual blight of indiscriminate cuts and fills and vegetation removal resulting from extensive grading and utility scars.
- Encouraging water collection and infiltration on site.
- Control the adverse impacts associated with accelerated stormwater runoff on natural drainage wats and all structures due to increased development and impervious surfaces.
- Minimize erosion and degradation of arroyo channels and improve the condition of the channel where possible.
- Integrate stormwater management measures into the landscape and site planning process.
- Provide aesthetically pleasing solutions to stormwater management and erosion control measures by integrating measures into the overall landscape and site design.