Jury: Trisha Miller, Gillian Folmar-Alessio, Bill Roth, Councilor Chris Calvert, Michael Pyatok, Lillian Montoya-Rael, Charles Buki.
GreenWORKS challenged designers to:
1) Provide a site design that allows as many as six homes;
2) Determine a realistic development budget that addressed the required affordability program as well as the costs of using cost-effective, sustainable design and building methods;
3) Comply with a “green” building checklist that incorporated Enterprise Green Communities
Criteria and the City of Santa Fe’s proposed Green Building Code;
4) Create a replicable development model to shape future land use policy in Santa Fe regarding infill projects and green-built projects;
5) Integrate the historic character of the neighborhood in the design; and
6) Incorporate community input into the design process.
On January 23, 2009, the winnters of the GreenWORKS Design Competition were announced. Prizes were awarded in the following categories: Two winning designs ($4,500 each)
- these two designs best met the overall goals of the
competition by integrating design, green features, realistic cost, affordability and fitting into the
surrounding neighborhood. One People's Choice Award ($1,000)
- the public voted on the evening of the compeition opening. Five Honorable Mentions
- each of the five honorable mentions were finalists for the top prize.
While they did not make it into the top two, each applicant was the best at their honorable mention.
The quality of the 24 submissions was very high. A huge thank you to all who entered! The webpage below lists all of the competition submissions and their location, team members, and PDFs of their boards. Please be patient while opening the PDFs as some of the files are large.