If you have large items you would like the Environmental Services Division to pick up, call 955-2200 to get on the schedule. Large Item pickup day is every Wednesday and costs $26.57 + tax. The number of large items that can be picked up is limited so please schedule well in advance. Once you are scheduled, you will receive a letter confirming your appointment. The letter will include a list of rules and regulations about what is accepted and how to place the item(s) out for pickup. The fee will be added to your Utility Bill.
In order to best serve you, we ask that you follow the guidelines listed below.
If the item(s) are not set out according to these guidelines, they will not be picked up.
- Set large items by 7:00 a.m. on your scheduled Wednesday.
- Place large items between the curb and your property line; do not place large items in the street.
- Construction debris (plywood, boards, sheet rock, etc.) in containers or place it in bundles. Rocks, concrete and broken tile must be in containers.
- Secure any and all containers and bundles, including boxes and bags, to avoid spills. Containers or bundles must not exceed 50 lbs.
- Tie tree limbs and other yard cuttings in bundles no longer than four feet. Bag leaves and grass.
- Make sure that your vehicles do not block the large items.
- Leave at least 2 feet of space between large items and surrounding structures or objects including walls, mail boxes, shrubs and trees.
- Do not place large items under trees or low hanging power lines.
- Place broken glass, cactus plants and other sharp objects in a separate cardboard box and label accordingly.
- No more than 2 passenger car tires will be accepted at each pickup.
- Appliances (refrigerators, stoves, freezers, washers, dryers, furnaces, swamp coolers, etc.) will be accepted.
- Do not share your large item service with others. Friends and neighbors must schedule their own service.
- The City will not collect prohibited items such as infectious waste, radioactive waste or hazardous waste, including flammables, explosives, solvents, paints, pesticides, cleaners, auto fluids and batteries or other contaminated materials (Santa Fe City Code Section21-4.1G).
- If large items exceed the capacity of one truckload, you will be charged an additional service fee for each additional load.
- In the event the service is no longer needed, please notify the Environmental Services Division no less than one (1) city working day prior to your scheduled pick up day. Failure to notify the city will result in charges to the customer as if the collection took place.
- Customers whose account is delinquent for more than thirty (30) days will not be eligible for large items pickup service.
Please feel free to contact our office at 955-2200 if you have any questions regarding your large item service. We would be happy to provide further assistance.